Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

suggestion: paragliding

standing at the peak of a high mountain watching the land, it came to my mind.
    wouldn't it be nice to take some trash (metalpoles, cloth and strings or somthing), put them together to a paraglider, run towards the edge, jump and just fly a few minutes?

weeeh

I actually see this being pretty fun and useful, but would take a lot of work to make it work correctly. +1 internets for the idea! =)

This would be so unusual in a game like this.

Unusual but useful. Imagine how much faster you could get down a mountain by pulling out your paraglider and gliding down to the bottom. You'd have to make sure you're glider is in tip top shape or else it might fall apart in the air, causing you to plummet to your death. I think after a certain amount of uses your glider would need to be either repaired or it would bust and not be usable anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by trenixdecease View Post
    This would be so unusual in a game like this.
    how so? if i was a paraglider then i would know how to and be able to build them and of course know their benefits. someone who doesn't use them can see the benefits of a glider: dropping in for attacks, transportation from high points, stealth, general enjoyment, the list goes on. It could be put into the game and fit/work.

they could also eventually lead to ultralights adding a whole new perspective to the game, prokop may be onto something with his post.

i am not talking about unlimited flighttime, this would make the feature to powerfull. instead it needs playerskill to determine when you have to land and where.
    could be usefull for scouting, or commanding your troups where to attack.
    instead you would be a nice target for archers.

although i dont like the transport idea. to much weight and you will drop like a stone.

anyway, is there an online game with such a feature? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Xx1327 View Post
    how so? if i was a paraglider then i would know how to and be able to build them and of course know their benefits. someone who doesn't use them can see the benefits of a glider: dropping in for attacks, transportation from high points, stealth, general enjoyment, the list goes on. It could be put into the game and fit/work.

they could also eventually lead to ultralights adding a whole new perspective to the game, prokop may be onto something with his post.
    Yes, if you were a paraglider, because there are so many of those. Sorry, but the thought of me making one right now in real life and using it, sounds extremely dangerous. It's a lot more difficult than you think...

it would be unrealistic (for xsyon)? is that your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonan View Post
    it would be unrealistic (for xsyon)? is that your point?
    It wont fit the setting, that's my point. We're supposed to be trying to survive, making a paraglider is like trying to commit suicide. Also, realism does play a little part in this, it would be unusual to see people flying around in 2012 after an apocalypse. By not having paragliders, my gameplay is fine the way it is. If you were to add it to the game, I would think on my part, it will alter my gameplay in a way that I would not be happy with. There will always be a battle between realism and gameplay, one shouldn't override the other. Basically, we're doing fine without it so it should be left alone.