View Poll Results: Should there be a global chat?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 20.83%
  • No

15 62.50%
  • Needs to be limited

4 16.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Global Chat

Global Chat

Wow way to ruin a one of kind game with global chat. This was one of the best games with the neatest game play ever. Global chat takes away from exploring and discoveries of other tribes. Now global chat will make this game more like every other game out there. This game made a player think and worry about who and what was around the next bend. To know that jowho's tribe is in zone: 816 and janwho's tribe is in zone: 662 because they are talking in chat it takes away from the game. Global chat also will open for spammers and over bitching. The zone chats are better and more realistic and allowed tribes to control zone information. Not to sound well, the hell with it global chat ruins the game for me and I will play my 2 months and then find another game or go back to mortal. This takes the one of kind out of the game.

I voted that it should be limited.

It should work like this:

Tribes should have the abliity to construct a sattelite that can be destroyed- as long as you are within a zone you can globaly chat with other zones that also have a sattelite constructed. If you are not in a tribe you can still pick up the sattelite feed and talk globaly to other zones that have the sattelite setup. This would create immersion within the game and hopefully satisfy both types of people that would either for or against a global chat system.

It doesn't really bother me either way if its put in or not, but if someone told me I had to choose between having it and not having it, I would say get rid of it.

If we're going to have it in, at least have a way to to turn it off. It's annoying trying to listen to tribe members with no mics trying to get something across, it's even worse when we're getting spammed by global chat.

I personaly think Global chat should just be thrown out at launch. It is fine for now while there are very few people active.

I think having tabs would help if it stays so you don't have to read all chats in 1 window.

Tabs will not solve the the global chat, it just hides it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybalt View Post
    I personaly think Global chat should just be thrown out at launch. It is fine for now while there are very few people active.
    I agree with Tybalt , and am praying That this is what the Devs Have in mind . I vote NO to Global Chat. Making communication that easy will hurt this game on many levels.

Global chat is for the current testing phase only.

It was added because many players have been requesting this. It won't be in after launch.

it is useful for testing

but after launch should be taken out, but the ability to chat globally would be nice like radios or something. even tho most people will be using ventrillo or teamspeak

Quote Originally Posted by Tybalt View Post
    This is what I was going to say.