View Poll Results: Should there be a global chat?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 20.83%
  • No

15 62.50%
  • Needs to be limited

4 16.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Global Chat

Why not just have a way to turn it off?

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Global chat is for the current testing phase only.

It was added because many players have been requesting this. It won't be in after launch.

Can we at least have a quick hotfix for a way to turn it off?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    I voted that it should be limited.

It should work like this:

Tribes should have the abliity to construct a sattelite that can be destroyed- as long as you are within a zone you can globaly chat with other zones that also have a sattelite constructed. If you are not in a tribe you can still pick up the sattelite feed and talk globaly to other zones that have the sattelite setup. This would create immersion within the game and hopefully satisfy both types of people that would either for or against a global chat system.
    After thinking about it, I really like this idea. I'm not sure if it'd make much sense, but it definitely sounds interesting, constructive, and unique.

global chat is only useful for communicating with other tribes and the soloist. So lets be able to craft and/or find radios to communicate through multiple and with better equipment all zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Xx1327 View Post
    global chat is only useful for communicating with other tribes and the soloist. So lets be able to craft and/or find radios to communicate through multiple and with better equipment all zones.
    That would sound good too, maybe a radio can have a "looking for tribe" feature rather than a global chat. When you turn it on, a window will come up with a list of tribes and people looking for tribes. That would stop all of the useless spamming.

Kieth, I think you mean an antenna. A satellite will only work the way you want it to if someone could manage to launch it into orbit.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    Kieth, I think you mean an antenna. A satellite will only work the way you want it to if someone could manage to launch it into orbit.
    satellite dish- sorry- I mentioned this because jooky said they have the model for the dish already made. I just hope they plan to do something usefull with it.

also, there should be plenty of working sattelites still in space from the old world.

Flaming is not acceptable in this section.
    Please stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by trenixdecease View Post
    Why not just have a way to turn it off?
    I went to jooky about this when I heard about global chat (I thought it odd that he would implement something like this) under the assumption it was going to be in perm. I suggested that he make it possible to disable it and he said it would take a lot of work to implement an ignore feature