Tree Spawn Tweak in Zones

Any of you that have actively built or are currently building large structures in your tribal area will probably also find the growing pains we are currently finding. As we "mine-out" the lumber from the hills, for a small tribe of 20 actives, we are already finding it hard to find like materials for our building structures.

I cannot imagine what the demand and supply of a large tribe would have on the land. but I was wondering if we could increase the respawn rate of the trees by 30%. Since our new impact on the land we have only seen one single tree respawn in our zone in one week, where as our take-down rate has been in the 50's for total trees. Thats a 2% spawn rate in two weeks for each tree that we cut down. What is the current respawn rate programmed for the trees? If we double our member rate you can imagine the magnitude of the impact.

The spawning of new trees could follow natural growth patterns of silviculture. For example, most evergreen trees grow most of their roots during the winter whilst the deciduous are dormant. So in the spring you can see a large repsawn of evergreens and a tapering into the summer. Conversely, we could see a large respawn rate of deciduous trees in the summer and tapering into the fall as they begin to enter dormancy.

Perhaps I am getting too technical in this thread but the main meat of the matter is that the respawn rate is far too low to sustain even a small sized tribe of active members desiring to improve their tribal areas and increase their crafting efficiency.

I agree with this, hopefully the world update that's planned to be turned on in about 2 weeks that was mentioned in the latest FAQ section will take care of this.

Currently trees do not respawn, this will happen when the world update is turned on. You should see trees grow from small to large, in areas with other trees. Stumps will not regrow and will prevent a tree from growing there.

Later on there will be the ability to plant seeds for trees, though it is not clear yet if you will be able to do this outside of tribal zones.

Quote Originally Posted by GuideSophia View Post
    Later on there will be the ability to plant seeds for trees, though it is not clear yet if you will be able to do this outside of tribal zones.
    Nice, one of the things I was hoping for.

Well we dont want to make it to easy. I think the demand is high right now, because the tribe is growing. Once the tribe will reach its potential, then the demand on trees will slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    Well we dont want to make it to easy. I think the demand is high right now, because the tribe is growing. Once the tribe will reach its potential, then the demand on trees will slow down.
    the demand will be even higher at launch where there are more tribes competing for resources including trees.