Server Instability

I know that this was discussed on the update section, but why is the server crashing so much? It seems like every other hour our pings spike to 390-900 and the server goes down. I know it's being worked on, but does anyone know what the cause of this is?

The server has crashed once in the past week (just this morning).

If you are getting lagged out often, I really need reports. If you are getting regular lag spikes on the hour, this sounds like the terraform information being backed up is lagging the server. This will be dealt with in about 2 weeks when we start 'baking' the terraform information and patching it out. Right now we are waiting for the terrain artists to fix walls that are along many zone boundaries and a few other improvements.

People in my guild are reporting server crashes or "lag outs" at least 4-6 times a day. This morning our pings spiked between 390 and 900, then everyone in our teamspeak crashed from the game. The fact that 3 people on at the time crashed at the same time tells me that it is not individual lag outs.

Could you provide me with the location where you are having problems so I can have a look?