Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brickmaking

Yeah, I get what you are saying. The reason I worded my post "mostly unchanged" is because of how awesome eveyone says Vanguard's crafting system is. It surprises me that other developers don't try to utilize that system and/or the one from old swg.

But, the actual "paper" that I wrote wasn't meant to be taken too seriously. It was just me being facetious. I left out a lot of relevant information and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by trenixdecease View Post
    That would be altering way too many crafts and would also be effecting their values. Crafting should be a relief for the player who just got done grinding for their materials. A more complex crafting system is the only way to fix afk crafting. I find nothing wrong with afk crafting, the problem is sitting there clicking over and over, only to purposely waste time. Unlike an abusive macro, there is only so much you can craft before you must go look for more materials.
    I think you missed the entire point of my reply...
    Players that don't like crafting are the ones that QQ about it. Crafting takes no more clicky, clicky then running around killing and harvesting. They just don't find it as entertaining.
    If that does not clarify things for you, I believe this subject is too advanced for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybalt View Post
    Players that don't like crafting are the ones that QQ about it.
    Is it just me or is everyone here QQ because it's not that they don't like it, it's the fact that it takes too many clicks. Mrcalhuo even made a research paper to emphasis that. You sure it's not something that you're not getting? I would have to say, that majority of the game consists of crafting, if not, is based on crafting. So to find people in this game that hate crafting, sounds rare.

Well it was more of a mock research paper lol.

Personally I never liked crafting in MMOs because I find it boring, not so much because of all the clickiness but because there's not much in the way of strategy to it. I love RTS games where I can build up a base and units and games like those, because the "crafting" is more strategic. It matters how things are done, what is placed where, etc. I know crafting in MMOs is different than empire building in an RTS, but it'd still be nice if there was some strategy to it.

Is it just me or is everyone here QQ because it's not that they don't like it, it's the fact that it takes too many clicks. Mrcalhuo even made a research paper to emphasis that. You sure it's not something that you're not getting? I would have to say, that majority of the game consists of crafting, if not, is based on crafting. So to find people in this game that hate crafting, sounds rare.
    I still think this is going over your head. I will spell it out as simple as I can.
    Asking for basically auto crafting in a sandbox game is like asking the develpers to make you a button that will play the game for you. Not just the crafting part, the entire game for you. You use >250% more actions (clicky) to play almost every game ever made, just moving around, gathering resources and killing stuff. The reason you don't notice is because you are not focused on the actions you are using. But more on the results you see on the screen. During crafting, you notice the massive amount of actions you are using because there is not much going on to distract you.

If you still don't get it, I want you to log into Xsyon, run around and gather some resources, kill a few animals, just check out the world in the zone you are in. The whole time you do this, Count how many times you press the W, A, S, D, X, Shift, Space, Enter and keys, the right, left and center mouse buttons, and so on (you can use a keystroke recorder, it will make this much easier). Do this for one hour. Then I want you to take all those resources you gathered, and use them to craft for an hour. Count how many times you use the same keys (not including the running around you do to retrieve the materials, you should already have them ready as if you were going to use a "Make all" button.) then post the counts you get for each. If you still don't understand there is nothing that can be done to enlighten you.

No Easy Button Please!

If you still don't get it, I want you to log into Xsyon, run around and gather some resources, kill a few animals, just check out the world in the zone you are in. The whole time you do this, Count how many times you press the W, A, S, D, X, Shift, Space, Enter and keys
    First of all, those are not even considered clicks, I'd rather push buttons than click to craft. In addition, most of these actions involve a variety of buttons that are used at different times. Crafting is repetitive, annoying, and to put it simple; boring. Like I've mentioned before, the only real solution is to complex the crafting system. Otherwise, I think the "create all" feature should be implemented. The current system is just flat out, bad.

Before you respond, take it one step at a time. Don't get way ahead of yourself and then assume that some people wont have the slightest clue of what your talking about. Maybe it's not the person, but rather the way you're wording things. Like clicks for example. You're being a little too confident for your own good.

No Easy Button Please!
    An easy button would be a macro. As mentioned before, this feature is not really a macro for you require the materials in order to continue crafting. If it was such a bad feature, why would top MMORPGs use it?

You make this too easy... MMORPGs use it because they are not sandbox games that base their entire gaming experience around crafting.

macro: A single computer instruction that initiates a set of instructions to perform a specific task.

I am not sure why you don't understand that when I say (clicks) I mean user input. Maybe if I use Quotations? Would "Clicks" make it easier?
    And I am trying to be nice here... You would rather push a button than push a button?
    I'd rather push buttons than click to craft
    You say that the use of keys is not considered a click, so what you mean to say is that you want the mouse taken out of the equation?

Also you state that you find crafting boring because of all the "clicks" but you also want to make it more complex which would imply that you want to add more to the crafting than is already in place.
    You say you want a button to craft everything you have resources to build. So you can reduce the amount of input required by the user... How is this making the system any more complex?
    You also say that adding the option to make multiple items at once would...
    That would be altering way too many crafts
    But you want to what?
    Crafting is repetitive, annoying, and to put it simple; boring. Like I've mentioned before, the only real solution is to complex the crafting system.
    I am assuming you mean that you want to make all crafting more complex.
    You have been arguing with me about what is considered a click and that somehow a mouse click is just more annoying then pressing W and holding down your mouse button. Or clicking your mouse buttons to attack something...
    You totally pass over the part of my comment where I point out that Vanguard's crafting system is more complex and less boring. And argue with me about the fact that adding multiple item creation option to crafting would require the change of too many crafts. but at the same time you want to make all crafting more complex.

So far each one of your comments not only contradicts itself, but every other comment you make on this topic.
    I don't think you know what you want. I think you are just making comments for the sake of making a comment and adding to your count. Either that or you are desperately attempting to troll this topic.
    Either way, your input is worthless.

We need an ignore user option for the forums. So far I have yet to read anything posted by trenixdecease that has been constructive in any way. There for I will not be missing out on anything by not seeing his posts at all.
    Oh look, I found one.

You make this too easy... MMORPGs use it because they are not sandbox games that base their entire gaming experience around crafting.
    Yet I've seen better crafting systems in MMORPGs than most MMOs.

macro: A single computer instruction that initiates a set of instructions to perform a specific task.
    The macros that I'm referring to are ones that people commonly know as a way to exploit a game. Otherwise, everything we do in the game is considered a macro. If you really think about it, macros can be considered triggers.

I am not sure why you don't understand that when I say (clicks) I mean user input. Maybe if I use Quotations? Would "Clicks" make it easier?
    And I am trying to be nice here... You would rather push a button than push a button?
    While clicks are user inputs, they don't relate to the keyboard buttons. You don't click a button, you press it. If you think that you're gonna try and convince me that a mouse is a keyboard, you're way off.

You say that the use of keys is not considered a click, so what you mean to say is that you want the mouse taken out of the equation?
    This doesn't explain the repetition, blah blah blah. You can re-read my post if you forgot to comprehend it.

Also you state that you find crafting boring because of all the "clicks" but you also want to make it more complex which would imply that you want to add more to the crafting than is already in place.
    You say you want a button to craft everything you have resources to build. So you can reduce the amount of input required by the user... How is this making the system any more complex?
    You also say that adding the option to make multiple items at once would...
    I've asked for two solutions. One is making the crafting more complex, as in having it be more strategical. The other is to reduce the annoying clicks. I'm not sure if you're purposely trying to jumble my words around in order to prove a point.

You totally pass over the part of my comment where I point out that Vanguard's crafting system is more complex and less boring.
    Sorry that I'm not fond of Vanguard's crafting system. I've never heard of the game before so I'm not gonna bother arguing with you about it. What's the sense in that?

We need an ignore user option for the forums. So far I have yet to read anything posted by trenixdecease that has been constructive in any way. There for I will not be missing out on anything by not seeing his posts at all.
    Oh look, I found one.
    Thank you, your inputs have been immature.

I do agree that there is alot of pointless clicks.
    The game should be all about having fun, but not about being a job.

I agree to an extent. The crafting is tedious, I support the addition of a option to create multiple items at one time with a long action timer.

Either that or the revision of the crafting system. Making crafting funner would agree with me more. Here is a great crafting system that would be beneficial to Xsyon. Vanguard Crafting A system based from this idea would make crafting one of the more exciting aspects of the game.