Quote Originally Posted by Lead_poisoning View Post
1) I'm not sure what you mean by "less valuable." Bricks are virtually untradeable due to their extreme weight and the massive quantities needed. Also, you already said we would increase the timer for crafting 10 bricks instead of one, so it would only be quicker by the amount of time you spend clicking your tools and stone for each crafting, which isn't much. It would also consume the same amount of materials. The actual change in end-product value would be minimal, even assuming that for some reason you're attempting to trade bricks over a distance.
Bricks overtime will be traded at far distances, it's just a matter of time before we find out when. Check out my ideal system in my response above, it's affective and used by many MMORPGS.

2) All the recipes I've seen use a number of bricks that is evenly divisible by 10. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some that are divisible by 5 as well, but who's building just one of that construction? If you build two, it's divisible by 10. So there's no situation where you would need 2 more bricks unless you had some leftover from one-by-one crafting. And if you had leftover bricks already, what's the big deal about having leftover bricks again?
All recipes that "you've seen" require a divisible of 10. For all you know, there are other recipes out there, in addition, I wonder how they will improve masonry. If paving gets implemented for masonry, maybe we will only require two bricks per each path. This game is all about discovering the unknown, you can't assume that you know the unknown because then you will then cause a deflation. This game is also in beta, you can't assume that there wont any recipes that don't require a divisible of 10 bricks in the future.

This is unrelated to anything above, but how many bricks have you personally made in-game? I made around 2,000 over the last weekend, and it was miserable.
In any sense, I don't want to attack you personally. However, I'm fond of your tribe. They took it up to themselves to build brick walls all around the whole area. That is your problem, because brick walls are difficult to make and I can almost guarantee that was by design. With my own experience, I didn't like the idea of being forced to do the same job that you did. Maybe it's not exactly the crafting system, but rather your tribe. If you were miserable doing something that you've obviously did not like, then why be forced to do it especially when most of the people didn't do it?