Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrimps View Post
    You know what's a nice little bit of information? The features list!!!

It's been there for so long yet no one seems to read it

As for completely depleting rescources, you can always have some "event" that replenishes them somehow like a meteor shower or a distant explosion that rains down debris or something that fits into your "lore".

Either way rescource scarcity is going to be the main source of fighting so rescources need to be slim unless you just wanna have crafterville where there is no conflict and everyone crafts all day long.
    Thank you Shrimps, I am happy to see that I am not the only one that loathes the idea of a Carebare Xsyon. I am not sure what your quote has to do with the subject, but I really don't have the time to put much thought into it right now.

Just some cents on 'trash regrow' …
    I don't think waste resources should regenerate ... instead we should be able to build everything from scratch sooner or later. They should deplete much much slower though.

So at some point in the distant future there should be no more usable waste left, other than ofc 'player generated'

Quote Originally Posted by dyneol View Post
    Just some cents on 'trash regrow' …
    I don't think waste resources should regenerate ... instead we should be able to build everything from scratch sooner or later. They should deplete much much slower though.

So at some point in the distant future there should be no more usable waste left, other than ofc 'player generated'
    I agree 100%

Hmm thinking of player generated trash ..

Basically everytime some one drops an item from the inventory ( known as deleting ) after some random time, one could add one layer of waste terrain, depending on the components of that item. A timer is to prevent abuse. Same could happen every then and now when a non looted player body decays.

Last is easiest to implement i guess though …

I think it would be a very bad idea to allow the generation of scrap heaps. They are supposed to be the dregs of a destroyed civilsation, I certainly dont want trash coming up around my town or city.

Something should be implemented to allow the management of discarded items, like Wurm has the bulk compost bin, thingy, that allows items to decay and an accelerated rate. Its an excellent idea, of course you could also implement trash bins, a similar thing, but the item can be deleted as soon as its deposited. I suggested this for RV as well, to save crap laying on the ground everywhere (of course everything in RV could be dropped on the ground, a much better idea for a sandbox IMHO), and a trash bin would have deleted the items from the world.

Kinslayer, being able to drop items on the ground was really good in RV but it lagged the game to death. No other game has tried to do this since.

It is a nice idea but not possible really.

Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post
    Kinslayer, being able to drop items on the ground was really good in RV but it lagged the game to death. No other game has tried to do this since.

It is a nice idea but not possible really.
    Yeh, lag was a problem, but of course, you couldnt actually delete anything, even if you wanted to, which is why I suggested the bins. It would have gotten rid of a lot of the items that were junking up the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimps View Post
    As for completely depleting rescources, you can always have some "event" that replenishes them somehow like a meteor shower or a distant explosion that rains down debris or something that fits into your "lore".
    There's an old landfill not too far from here that wasn't quite covered up well enough. Usually it looks like regular old grassy hills but occasionally after a heavy rainstorm stuff "emerges."

So how about, once all the original junk piles are depleted, the devs can create new junk piles by having a giant rainstorm that "uncovers" new junk. That is, take what are currently grassy hills and re-skin them into junk piles.