Thread: questions...

Question questions...

I did some googling but could not find any answers, so I hope someone can help me.

First, which chat channel is red? I was trying to use /h but it appears as if no one can see it. I did see people talking on the "red" channel but the shortcut for it is not in the manual.

Are there any animals in the game? I was on for quite a while and did not see any. I took hunting as a skill and I would like to try it!

Finally, when you are harvesting a resource, is there a chance to get something else, like flint, or do you have to walk around until you find a "flint deposit" or something?

Thanks,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mbaucco View Post
    I did some googling but could not find any answers, so I hope someone can help me.

First, which chat channel is red? I was trying to use /h but it appears as if no one can see it. I did see people talking on the "red" channel but the shortcut for it is not in the manual.
    The red chat channel is global yell. You can speak in it with /y. The manual has yet to be updated to reflect this. /h sends it to the help channel with is orange.

Are there any animals in the game? I was on for quite a while and did not see any. I took hunting as a skill and I would like to try it!
    Yes, there are animals. But don't expect to farm one area.

Finally, when you are harvesting a resource, is there a chance to get something else, like flint, or do you have to walk around until you find a "flint deposit" or something?

Thanks,
    Matt

Yes, you have to walk around to find flint. It will appear in your resource panel, which will give you the chance to gather it.

The flint is usually on mountains or rocks.

keep gathing rocks from the same place and now and then flint will appear in the resouce window.

you can actually do the less tedious thing and just walk around rock faces looking for flint.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    keep gathing rocks from the same place and now and then flint will appear in the resouce window.
    You say that, but I dug up around 100 granite, and still got no flint (made 10 campfires around myself lol).

I found quite a few racoons and deer near the bottom of mountain ranges, drinking water off small streams/pools.

I am at Round Hill. Friendly community there, was able to trade some bones for baskets and tools from a nice player. It was like the movie Deliverance.....I rolled up to his camp with a wife beater and tight jeans...he was fully dressed...lol

I like this game...