Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by REVKhA View Post
    When can I expect this project to feel like a game ? or is it just a virtual sandbox with no gaming or rpg elements ? I do not expect this to launch anytime soon and hopefully after the holidays this game gets some gameplay elements to make this whole true open sandbox a game as well and not some virtual world with no meaning.
    This is a valid question.

I enjoy hanging out in Xsyon but where is the hook?
    I'm playing the game now and I hope to play come release day.
    Though I'm past the days of playing a sandbox where the 1st question of new players revolves around, "So what am I supposed to do here, where's the game?".

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamin View Post

Though I'm past the days of playing a sandbox where the 1st question of new players revolves around, "So what am I supposed to do here, where's the game?".
    Just like every game, Xsyon will be about competition which we don't see much of yet. So far there is no land disputes, pvp system, good combat system, and even resource depletion. Even some meters for our characters don't work yet. It's no wonder why it's lacking attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamin View Post

I couldnt agree with this more. Give them a few small goals to focus on, then they can fend for themselves. But right now they are dropped on a world and have no idea how to do anything, what to do, nor where to go.
    Plus the tools they are given they cant even do anything with normally unless getting help from others.

So to me its like, I install the game then log in, make a toon using stats I have no idea how they will effect me. Then I start up and go "What do I do now?" Normally they will wonder about, try a few things but after that there isnt much to do. No focus, no drive nothing. Only the people that really want to tough it out will keep playing and not be upset.
    Plus as a new toon, you are very easy to get lost or and tired, unable to feed yourself. It can be very disconcerting.