Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Angry Another long rant from the rantmaster

Ok so i have not posted in a while ... or should i say ranted?

Here's a few thing annoying me about this ... project (because it's not a game it seems)

Why is this 'sandbox' such a great virtual world and had absolutely no feeling of a game to it? This project feels like a great sandbox but there is no fun to it. There's like 3 animals and very poor combat and very little role playing elements.

When will Xsyon become a game and not some stale virtual sandbox ? When will things have attributes and conditions and pop up information ? When will i be able to find skill books to learn ? Does it matter if i know all skills since there is a soft cap we still need each other in the long run.

Why does it take 15 minutes to reach the mist and there is no point of exploring ? i still cant rest to regain stamina and exploring is pointless since there is nothing to explore because of the mist.

When will this game get the much needed content to make things diverse and immersible as well as having rpg elements ? Is this Xsyon project a mmorpg with open sandbox mechanics or just a virtual world with few limited roles ?

When will things matter ? when will rain take your fire out ? when will winter make grass a rare ressource ? when will there be rare content and secrets ?

Good, Evil, Law, Chaos, Karma and Luck... where is that feature ?

Over 50 skills ? there is barely 20

When can we make tribe quests for us to have something to do ? Why are buildings so useless and only aesthetics ?

Only items that are important are tools... weapons have no condition or attributes... no way to maintain, enhance or repair them and they have no stats. Same for all clothes and such...

Why does this project feel so far from becoming a game that feels fun to play ? it feels like it's only a sandbox with skills to grind right now. You cannot teach others or learn skills from books you find. There is no way to build and spec properly.

When can I expect this project to feel like a game ? or is it just a virtual sandbox with no gaming or rpg elements ? I do not expect this to launch anytime soon and hopefully after the holidays this game gets some gameplay elements to make this whole true open sandbox a game as well and not some virtual world with no meaning.

+1, I too want to see a few features added that will keep players around longer then 3-12 days. It been getting lonely fairly quickly.

Even with so many features not released, this game definitely has potential. The atmosphere and user friendliness is definitely worth the while. However, this game isn't even released yet. The only real reason of buying Xsyon now is to find bugs, make suggestions, and to support an awesome idea. It's pretty funny though, people always push the developers to release the game as soon as possible, but when they do, they then complain that there is too many bugs and it's unplayable. Give them time, so once it's released, you will get what you anticipated for.

Yes, they are working hard, so lets be patience. Everything what REVKhA said will be in the game. Just at some point

Xsyon Citizen
    <insert facepalm.jpg> Why is it some people lack the common sense to realise that a game/project cannot be literally done overnight (unless your an AI from 200 years in the future). It takes time to implement things, bug hunt, bug fix, design etc. Have patience like the rest of us, Keep thinking about suggestions, Help the Dev's hunt them Bugs.

I have to agree with the OP in most cases but i know that a game needs time too.. In my pers. opinion we need atm only some new things that ppl log in.

I think about stuff like open world for pvp, the tribe safe zones suck or maybe the possibility to easy declare war to other ones to bring a little action in. For combat i would wish to lock the camera because the far zoom out in a combat makes it look like Diablo 2. Best would be a first person view in combat mode... about the attributes on armor or weapons, we dont need to see them atm but they should have it so a grass armor should protect less than a bone for example (dont know if its allready in).

Me and my guildmates come from Mortal Online, some of us since first beta days...ther was mutch less ingame than xsyon now gots but combat was funny and exciting, this was enough for us to play it for months so i think good hard pvp gives the devs enough time to add more features and new customers that will support them with money.

New creatures would be nice too, maybe humanoids in a dangerous zone with good loot so we get a point of interesst (wich are very less ingame atm).

Most of my guildys where about 1 week in xsyon, after this everyone gets bored, i know it should not be the problem of the devs because we allready have purchased the game but at this point we dont want to give positive feedback to our other players so they wont buy for now (what devs should care about).

I hope xsyon will be a sucess because there are not that mutch games out like that and i am sure there is a big community (ex UO ..) waiting for another great sandbox game.

A rant from the member of the community that has quit the game so many times I lost count.

I want to know,
    Was this rant ment for the people playing the game? Did we not know that parts of the feature list was not ingame yet? OR was this an attempt to sabotage the game, In trying to make people not want to buy/play the game?

Not sure what your agenda is, But it's getting tiresome.

ahem*
    beta
    /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Digby Caesar View Post
    <insert facepalm.jpg> Why is it some people lack the common sense to realise that a game/project cannot be literally done overnight (unless your an AI from 200 years in the future). It takes time to implement things, bug hunt, bug fix, design etc. Have patience like the rest of us, Keep thinking about suggestions, Help the Dev's hunt them Bugs.
    It might have something to do with the fact that this game was supposed to be released back in April - you know, back when they were trying to drum up money for the game with preorders.

Then, they delayed it 1 month because in the developer's professional opinion, that's all the time he needed to complete and release the game. Now, eight months later, the game still doesn't have many of the features it's supposed to have. Obviously, the developer's ability to gauge what his own game needs was horribly, HORRIBLY wrong. Not just a little off - A LOT OFF, and the game still isn't anywhere near ready with the planned features. I'm sure that, by maintaining the illusion that release was imminent, the money kept coming in.

Not to worry - when the game finally does launch, and is a train wreck, they'll just attempt to pass it off as "Prelude".

In short, I agree with the OP. So far, this isn't a game, it's work disguised as a game. They've forgotten one key element of a game - FUN. Xsyon doesn't have it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SOFWarrior View Post
    It might have something to do with the fact that this game was supposed to be released back in April - you know, back when they were trying to drum up money for the game with preorders.
    Is that so? So why were they telling us not to promote the game for them?