I dont know about anyone else, but this crafting system is so boring it makes my eyes bleed.

I dont care what you are making, its pretty bad. There is no interaction with what is going on. Making bricks is one of the worst things you can do its very boring.

Anyways here are some of the things I think should be done with crafting.

Problem:
What is the point of selecting tools? Unless you give us a BONUS for using the correction ones, or a neg for using the wrong ones, there should be no need to select tools.

Idea:
Make different level of tools. Meaning, you can use a basic tool or an advanced focused tool, or something. Which would give bonuses or negatives.
Say you are making deer bone chest. Well there could be advanced tools for using a DEER BONE tool vs using a basic tool, or even a BEAR BONE tool. You could use a bear bone tool, but maybe make it take 5x longer, or much higher chance to fail, or come out with an inferior product. (More on inferior and superior products later.)

Problem:
Doing the same action over and over, with little to no reaction from the user/crafter. Its just asking to be macroed.

Idea:
Why not make it so you have things happen while you are crafting that require the user/crafter to react to what is going on. Things like errors that require them to use a different type of tool, or maybe put it in water, or buff something out etc. If you DONT do this action you will run the risk of failure, or taking a lot longer to make it, or making a smaller amount (more on smaller amount in a bit), or inferior item.
If you DO the correct action, you could make items much faster, or higher chance of success, or making more than 1 item with the resources that would normally only allow one to be made (more on this in a bit again), or superior item.

Problem:
Why is it that we can only make 1 brick per click? Or 1 item? Even if we have more than enough resources in our bags. (Others have said something like this).

Idea:
Allow the game to detect how many we can make using the resources we have on us, and let us choose how many we wish to make. Making more at once should increase chance of failure, but reduce the amount of time.

Problem:
NO options for the crafter in how they want to do things or make things.

Idea:
Allow the crafter to choose things like, # of items they wish to craft at once, or change chance of success based on how long they want to spend at it. (Lower success could mean they get a product done faster, but high failure rate). Maybe allow to skim on items needed to make it but the product has a high chance of failure, or comes out inferior. Or the other way around, pick the BEST items for a higher chance of success or superior item.

Problem:
Items in this game have no quality, nor do they do anything different. You use a handaxe, its just as good as a woodaxe, or a crafters hammers vs a makeshift hammer. They do the same damage, they take the same amount of time, there is no durability in the game so those dont wear out yet or anything.

Idea:
All items should have stats that go with them. Things like durability, speed, craftsmanship, weight, damage, etc. All these stats should be seen in some way, you dont have to put numbers to it if you dont want to, but explain it in the description (I would rather have numbers as it would make for a lot less coding).
Then you could have inferior items, and superior items.
Inferior items = Items that are just like basic ones (or normal) but they have some of their stats worse.
Superior items = Items that are just like their basic one, but they have some of their stats better.

Like a Handaxe, could do normally 20 damage, with a speed of 15, with 3 weight, durability of 5.
But an inferior Handaxe would be 17 damage, with a speed of 15, with 6 weight, durability of 5.
Or a superior Handaxe would 20 damage, with a speed of 22, with 3 weight, durability of 7.

Making smaller amounts or larger amounts than what the crafting said it would make.
One way to allow crafters to be rewarded for REACTING to things in game is to allow them to react correctly they can come out with 2 or 5 or 10 etc items instead of the basic amount.

Like making a brick, I set it to make all 10 bricks at the normal settings and rates. But because I reacted correctly, I get 14 bricks instead of 10.
Or because I just walked away and let it make the 10 bricks on its own, I only get 7.
This rewards people for reacting and PLAYING a crafter, while still rewarding people that dont mind losing some mats, as long as they dont have to click 10000x

Anyways please post comments.