Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Questions for the week of 12/3 through 12/10

Post questions for this week,Ends on 12/10

Trenixdecease Asks:
    Will there be some sort of "Looking For Tribe" feature? Sort of like how players look for guilds or groups in MMORPGs? I really don't think relying on the forums is the best way to bring people together to join or create tribes.

Can architecture structures be damaged by other players at any time?

Will architects get towers that can be placed without having to build or terraform dirt towers.

Can you explain how the market system will work, as in how will we be doing trades?

Will we get towers that architectures can build rather than having to build dirt towers?

I know you said you don't plan to implement carts, however is there some other way you plan for us to do large quantity trading over large distances?

Will global chat be in at the game at prelude/launch? It doesn't bother me, however I know there are a niche of people that will feel like it's game breaking.

Will there be any form of tribal upkeep? Either paid through currency, or items?

Will player run trading markets be implemented before, or after the beta? Or at all?

Will we be able to place sign posts with short messages on them? Like in Minecraft?

Keith, I believe there will not be an actual game mechanic for sieges, it will simply just be people getting attacked. As far as what we need to protect, I'd assume the totem would need to be protected.

Will we be able to gain stat points and assign them ? If yes, will there be any restriction about assigning them ?

With all the talk about currency, and no one being able to come up with an economic system that the others can agree with, what are your plans for how you will set up the in-game economy?

What are the current plans with regards to handling skill points for characters as new skills are introduced into the game? Will we be allowed to respec our skill points so that we can become a different role if we get bored of something? Say, I start off by leveling up bladed weapons and sink all my skill points into that, then I get bored with it, could I switch my points over to "archery?"

Related to the last question, are there plans to have seperate skill point pools? Like, you can get so many skill points to be allocated to combat skills, some for crafting, some for harvesting?

Based on a cursory glance at the current way the skill system is set up, it looks like it's very linear. Are there any plans to add sub-skills and sub-sub-skills to current skills? Like, you can level up Axes, then once that gets leveled up to a certain point, you would be able to start to level up "Short Axes" and "Heavy Axes." Then, "short axes" could branch into "Short Axe Balance" among other things (Balance might passively increase swing/recovery speed by a small amount and open up special attacks and/or durational buffs).

Quote Originally Posted by travdoty View Post
    Keith, I believe there will not be an actual game mechanic for sieges, it will simply just be people getting attacked. As far as what we need to protect, I'd assume the totem would need to be protected.
    there will be a siege system check the FAQ, they just haven't determined how it will work yet.

Will we be able to create preservation area's where resources and land are protected from chopping, forming, and gathering within our lands? It's difficult to maintain order with so many individuals with ideas.

I've heard we'll be allotted Three character slots. Will each character be able to join separate Tribes, or are all character's to be restricted to one tribe?

Quote Originally Posted by Foreseer View Post
    Will we be able to create preservation area's where resources and land are protected from chopping, forming, and gathering within our lands? It's difficult to maintain order with so many individuals with ideas.
    It's funny you asked this, we were talking about that in our tribe yesterday- we figured it was just a matter of time before someone wanted to do something like this, however it's been mentioned at least the way I understood it is that all lands are up for raids and open war pvp. (with consequences of course based on your alignment)