Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsume View Post
    Swimming strokes change if you switch between run and walk while swimming. Swimming, like running, skill gains seem to decrease your energy usage as you level up the skill.
    I see; as quoted above was changed on the feature list. As it now states:
    Swimming ability and speed are based on skill, stats, type of armor and clothing worn and encumbrance.

And not:
    Different swim strokes are available based on skill.

A lot of the features he has listed on his "features" list are actually in game.

Whether or not they are completed, is a completely different story. Yes, you can put up your tribal totem. You can also put down tents in your tribal land and build walls/structures. Do they, however, do anything? No they do not.

So while they are technically in, I'd say that on average about 14% of the content expected for them is not present. That might be a little too generous. I'm not complaining, as I realize this takes time, but saying that everything is included in the current game state is ridiculous. It is simply not.

unfortunately agree

>) i sense game dont rdy for release mid january sorry xsyon but is truth ( except you make thousand gb in patch )

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Hmm ok, perhaps you haven't played the game recently.

Resources

-Constantly changing resources can be renewed or depleted. Its working
    -Resources can be claimed by tribes. Its working
    -A large variety of resources with individual properties. Different woods, cloths and metals have properties that affect crafted items. Its working
    -Scavenged items such as books can introduce knowledge of new crafts and skills.
    Its working

Environment
    -Accumulating snow. Its working
    -Volumetric and dynamic layered cloud system. (where's the volume ? they are 2d to me , ugliest part of the game) Its working. I don't know whats your problem with the clouds, they look very nice and 3d for me, perhaps its your comp.

-Creatures react to adverse and favorable weather. I have no idea if they do or not.

Basic Actions
    -Different swim strokes are available based on skill. Its working

Skills
    -Over 50 skills in Combat, Physical Actions, Trade Skills, Crafts and Resource Gathering. Its working

Crafts
    -Inspiration allows characters to gain crafting patterns similar to those already known, without the needs to find these or learn them from other players. Its working
    -Patterns require a minimum skill level, but most are available to mid level craftsmen.
    Its working
    -Craftsmen are limited to the number of patterns they learn, gaining the ability to add more patterns to their knowledge base as they advance. I don't know, perhaps we are limited, never noticed that.
    -Object quality and durability depends on materials used and the craftsman’s skill.
    I think its working, but we can only check it if we try out all of the stuffs.
    -Craftsmen depend on tools and supplies from other craftsmen. Its working

Objects
    -Found objects can be sorted for material and color Its working

-Creatures are a primary resource for crafters. Its working

Tribe hierarchy, market and quests are on the way, they will be added in the next big patch if I remember well.

Lets go with you are guessing with all or most of these than anything.

Ive not seen resources grow back, but maybe Im not watching the right stuff. Some things do others dont seem to deplete at all. (Fishing is one, Limestone, sand, water, etc)
    Please show me how items differ in stats?
    Please show me the swimming strokes differ with skill gain?
    Please show me the things you can make with different colours based on the items you put in it.

I can go on but I think I made my point.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Lets go with you are guessing with all or most of these than anything.

1. Ive not seen resources grow back, but maybe Im not watching the right stuff. Some things do others dont seem to deplete at all. (Fishing is one, Limestone, sand, water, etc)
    2. Please show me how items differ in stats?
    3. Please show me the swimming strokes differ with skill gain?
    4. Please show me the things you can make with different colours based on the items you put in it.

I can go on but I think I made my point.
    1. If you gather somewhere a resource (let's say leather) may deplete after a while, if you wait a bit it will renew.
    2. I don't know where did I say that items differ in stats...the feature list doesn't say it either, it says some properties of the used materials affect the crafted item and its working, they do affect its look.
    3. There are different swimming strokes, I meant that, didn't noticed the 'with skill gain' part, I'm sorry.
    4. 2 days ago I crafted 2 Freel Jackets. 1 of them was made of white cotton cloth, it turned out to be greyish. I made the other one out of orange cloth, that jacket became orange. I can show them to you if you like.

1. If you gather somewhere a resource (let's say leather) may deplete after a while, if you wait a bit it will renew.
    2. I don't know where did I say that items differ in stats...the feature list doesn't say it either, it says some properties of the used materials affect the crafted item and its working, they do affect its look.
    3. There are different swimming strokes, I meant that, didn't noticed the 'with skill gain' part, I'm sorry.
    4. 2 days ago I crafted 2 Freel Jackets. 1 of them was made of white cotton cloth, it turned out to be greyish. I made the other one out of orange cloth, that jacket became orange. I can show them to you if you like.

4) I knew that about clothing some clothing but what about others?
    3) =P
    2) Look isnt a stat.
    1) Yes like I said some, but did you see the list of the ones that done? Fishing, Limestone, sand, water, etc.

Many things on that list are not even in, many are not even complete. Saying that those things you listed are because 1 or 2 items does it doesnt mean crap.

So you made a cotton shirt that can be orange. What about armor? What about baskets? What about tents? What about tools?
    1 item? Doesnt make it working. When the system is in place working at least 80% then maybe we can talk.

4) I knew that about clothing some clothing but what about others?
    3) =P
    2) Look isnt a stat.
    1) Yes like I said some, but did you see the list of the ones that done? Fishing, Limestone, sand, water, etc.

Many things on that list are not even in, many are not even complete. Saying that those things you listed are because 1 or 2 items does it doesnt mean crap.

So you made a cotton shirt that can be orange. What about armor? What about baskets? What about tents? What about tools?
    1 item? Doesnt make it working. When the system is in place working at least 80% then maybe we can talk.
    I'm not sure what are you complaining about. Who said that baskets will change color if you use different materials ? Or tools ? If you mean a dying system, its on the feature list and its not in game yet.
    The feature list says the materials affect the properties of the crafted item. Property can mean color, look, weight, size, whatever, it doesn't exactly mean stats, its only how you interpreted it. Actually it can even affect its stats, but since there isn't any feedback about the stats of an item we have no idea about if it does or not.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I'm happy with everything that is ingame yet and I'm not missing any features. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't mix our expectations with the feature list. If you don't like the way a feature has been implemented that doesn't mean it doesn't work, it means you don't like it.

When I first read about depleting and renewing resources I thought we would have mines which can deplete and it sounded great. Now we have junk piles which do deplete when we gather too much in the same spot. Do I like it ? Not even a bit, its boring. Does it work? Yes.
    No one ever said fishing and water or sand will deplete, and it wouldn't make any sense IMO. You mean you fished out all of the fishes from the lake with a single fishing rod ? Or you drank out all of the water from the lake or a river ? Lol.

Please show me which feature listed by Revhka that I signed as working doesn't work (apart from swimming) if you read it literally, and don't read your expectation into it.

I'm not sure what are you complaining about. Who said that baskets will change color if you use different materials ? Or tools ? If you mean a dying system, its on the feature list and its not in game yet.
    The feature list says the materials affect the properties of the crafted item. Property can mean color, look, weight, size, whatever, it doesn't exactly mean stats, its only how you interpreted it. Actually it can even affect its stats, but since there isn't any feedback about the stats of an item we have no idea about if it does or not.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I'm happy with everything that is ingame yet and I'm not missing any features. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't mix our expectations with the feature list. If you don't like the way a feature has been implemented that doesn't mean it doesn't work, it means you don't like it.

When I first read about depleting and renewing resources I thought we would have mines which can deplete and it sounded great. Now we have junk piles which do deplete when we gather too much in the same spot. Do I like it ? Not even a bit, its boring. Does it work? Yes.
    No one ever said fishing and water or sand will deplete, and it wouldn't make any sense IMO. You mean you fished out all of the fishes from the lake with a single fishing rod ? Or you drank out all of the water from the lake or a river ? Lol.

Please show me which feature listed by Revhka that I signed as working doesn't work (apart from swimming) if you read it literally, and don't read your expectation into it.

I already listed them.
    Totems are working then, so is combat, animals, so is all crafting. So is energy, food, cooking. I mean cooking skill is on the list, thus its in game. Great feature.

Come on lets not be like a child here. Look (colour, size are LOOKS so you listed it 3 times) is NOT a stat. Stats have effects. Weight is a stat. Guess all the items have stats they have weight.

We all know what stats mean when it comes to an MMO's its not is it red, or is it 2 feet long. Its about how they have effects because of what is put into them. We are not talking about taking a red cloth and making a shirt and now you have a red shirt. We are talking about taking a metal handle, instead of a bone one, and now you have a stronger hammer.
    Im not mixing, Im telling it how it is.

Please dont get me wrong, the game hase a lot of hope, but a lot of the way to go. Stop trying to tell people things that are not true, ro skewing the truth. You dont say they have a healing system, when the healing system is standing around doing nothing. Healing system is something more, like first aid skill, resting, spells, herbs, bandages, GOD walking over and fixing your arm etc. Not oh you will heal as time goes on. CHECK healing system in and working.

Animals? CHECK, they are in. Sure devs and guides have to spawn them, but heck lets check that off the feature list.

You telling me that you make a small pond (with teraforming) that you cant use that water up?
    You telling me that you cant out fish an area?
    You keep taking sand from a spot, it doesnt lower? Or use up the sand? Yes you can run out of resources. No you cant run out of limestone, but heck you can run out of ore in mines? Isnt limestone a resource like a mine? Normally they call them quarries.

Clearly the WHOLE lake wouldnt run out, but Im sure areas can be out fished.

I already listed them.
    Totems are working then, so is combat, animals, so is all crafting. So is energy, food, cooking. I mean cooking skill is on the list, thus its in game. Great feature.
    Again,what are you talking about ? Who said combat, animals,food, cooking is working as intended ? I copy the features from my original post that I said are working, to help you.

-Constantly changing resources can be renewed or depleted.
    -Resources can be claimed by tribes.
    -A large variety of resources with individual properties. Different woods, cloths and metals have properties that affect crafted items.
    -Scavenged items such as books can introduce knowledge of new crafts and skills.
    -Accumulating snow.
    -Volumetric and dynamic layered cloud system.
    -Over 50 skills in Combat, Physical Actions, Trade Skills, Crafts and Resource Gathering.
    -Inspiration allows characters to gain crafting patterns similar to those already known, without the needs to find these or learn them from other players.
    -Patterns require a minimum skill level, but most are available to mid level craftsmen.
    -Craftsmen depend on tools and supplies from other craftsmen.
    -Found objects can be sorted for material and color
    -Creatures are a primary resource for crafters.

These are the ones that I listed as working features. Which of them doesn't work in your opinion ? Tell the ones that doesn't work, not the ones that doesn't work in the way you would like them to.

Come on lets not be like a child here. Look (colour, size are LOOKS so you listed it 3 times) is NOT a stat. Stats have effects. Weight is a stat. Guess all the items have stats they have weight.

We all know what stats mean when it comes to an MMO's its not is it red, or is it 2 feet long. Its about how they have effects because of what is put into them. We are not talking about taking a red cloth and making a shirt and now you have a red shirt. We are talking about taking a metal handle, instead of a bone one, and now you have a stronger hammer.
    Im not mixing, Im telling it how it is.
    You are absolutely right about all of this, you defined how stats of items work. The problem is that the feature list doesn't mention stats, and you keep overlooking this fact. It says properties, and properties can be color, weight, look, anything. It can as well be stat, but not necessarily.

You telling me that you make a small pond (with teraforming) that you cant use that water up?
    You telling me that you cant out fish an area?
    You keep taking sand from a spot, it doesnt lower? Or use up the sand? Yes you can run out of resources. No you cant run out of limestone, but heck you can run out of ore in mines? Isnt limestone a resource like a mine? Normally they call them quarries.

Clearly the WHOLE lake wouldnt run out, but Im sure areas can be out fished.
    You can never fish out an area with a fishing rod. With ships and huge nets perhaps you can, but they are not in game. You can fish out a small terraformed fishing pond, so we shouldn't be able to fish in them at all IMO.

Show me how you clear the sand from a sandy beach without machines.
    Mines deplete in like 30-50 years of hardcore mining. Let's see what will happen with limestones after 20 ingame years

You can never drink out of a river or a lake, lol. Let's see the case of a small terraformed pond. Remember, you have no bucket, you get some water in your hand and drink it, you don't even have a glass, you are not watering plants, only drink from your hand. Let's take a pond of 2x2 meters, 1 meters deep, I guess we can agree that its really small. That's 4 m3, which is equal with 4000 liters. 1 person drinks like 2 liters daily. Let's say your whole tribe, 20 person drink from it every day, so they drink out 40 liters. It would take 100 days to empty it, but rain and snow fill it back much faster.

I applaud this. Finally we got some basic of what is in the game and what is not. Gj Revh.

Don't turn it into a discussion on relatively stupid matters - MrDDT. The fact is Jadzia is right and you are not. Accept it please. Those that she/he has listed (sorry, your name sounds like a she :P) is in fact working, whether you like it or not.

Weapons and how they look is a property.. Look it up in an encyclopedia if you doubt it..
    Cooking is implemented, but not working. There is a big difference on implemented and working as intended.
    Fire's that extinquish are as far as I know, in the game but it is not activated due to testing. Making it implemented but not working.
    Animals are in the game. They do attack you don't they? At least I got jumped by 3 Raccoons last night. Check it's working.
    Their respawn/giving birth cycle is not. It isn't implemented and certainly not working.

Those were all examples.