Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow ' Features that are not yet implemented ' Thread

Please help me and list the features promised that are not implemented yet or confusing. I will remove them as time goes until these official features are somehow implemented and acceptable. Feel free to comment and correct me.

Resources

-Constantly changing resources can be renewed or depleted.
    -Availability dependent on season and weather conditions.
    -Resources can be claimed by tribes.
    -A large variety of resources with individual properties. Different woods, cloths and metals have properties that affect crafted items.
    -Scavenged items such as books can introduce knowledge of new crafts and skills.

Environment
    -Accumulating snow.
    -Volumetric and dynamic layered cloud system. (where's the volume ? they are 2d to me , ugliest part of the game)
    -Hail, Sleet
    -Creatures react to adverse and favorable weather.
    -Weather conditions affect player actions and item durability.

Character
    -Character actions are tracked for Good, Evil, Law, Chaos, Karma and Luck. These factors affect creature reactions, town status, reputation and skills.
    -Statistics increase or decrease based on actions, experience injuries and age.

Skills
    -Over 50 skills in Combat, Physical Actions, Trade Skills, Crafts and Resource Gathering.
    -Skills are affected by many external factors.
    -Many actions are dependent on several skills.

Crafts
    -Eight basic levels of craftsmanship, from Novice to Grand Master.

-Supreme Master level of craftsmanship for those characters whose achievements top their peers.
    -Characters achieving the Supreme Master level of craftsmanship work with the Xsyon team to introduce a crafted item of their own design.

-Craftsmen are limited to the number of patterns they learn, gaining the ability to add more patterns to their knowledge base as they advance.
    -Object quality and durability depends on materials used and the craftsman’s skill.

-As they advance, craftsmen gain the abilities to repair, reinforce and improve objects.

Armor
    -Variable armor quality and durability for the same armor type.
    -Armor bulk and material affects player comfort, speed and actions.
    -Armor parts can be enhanced.
    -Weapon types versus armor types.

Objects
    -Found objects can be sorted for material and color
    -Objects degrade and decay with use and the ravages of weather and time

Creatures
    -Creatures gain experience and power, potentially evolving into legendary beings.
    -Creatures gravitate towards different areas based on mood and weather.
    -Creatures can be tamed and ridden.
    -Creatures driven to the outer reaches of the world mutate
    -Creatures are a primary resource for crafters.

Communication
    -Town message boards where players can post announcements.
    -Town markets where players can place auctions, items for sale or trade and want ads.
    -Town mail boxes where players can send items and private messages.

Combat
    -Manual defense tactics including dodging, parrying and blocking. (this needs major revision, very bad system)
    -Body part targeting for critical attacks. (no visual/sound feedback)
    -Weapon types versus armor types.
    -Combat specialty moves gained through experience.
    -Combat modes for sparring, training and dueling.

Tribes
    -Player owned protected housing
    -Hierarchical political system for towns
    -Bonuses to stats and skills when in native town.
    -Bonuses to stats and skills for town leaders.
    -Town leaders have special abilities to assign quests and perform leadership actions.
    -Towns serve as centers for quests, trade, crafting, storage and interaction.
    -Player honor lists will keep records of player achievements.
    -Tribes can choose tribal colors and emblems to be displayed in tribal clothing, banners and flags.

Quests
    -Delivery of goods.
    -Delivery of mail.
    -Bodyguard.
    -Hunting.
    -Gathering.
    -Bounty Hunter.
    -Achievement.
    -Exploration.
    -Tribal Quest – Guard.
    -Tribal Quest – Patrol.
    -Tribal Quest – Defeat enemies.
    -Timed contests and events.

Economy
    -Town and individual bank accounts.
    -Towns can impose taxes.
    -Town quartermaster can collect resources and goods.
    -Player run shops and auctions.
    -Players post want ads to increase demand.
    -Resources can be controlled and destroyed to reduce supply.
    -Trade between individuals and towns.

You should only list the features that are not in game yet. You kind of copied the whole feature list so it's confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    You should only list the features that are not in game yet. You kind of copied the whole feature list so it's confusing.
    Actually i did not, those are features not implemented or semi-implemented and confusing actually.

Hmm ok, perhaps you haven't played the game recently.

Resources

-Constantly changing resources can be renewed or depleted. Its working
    -Resources can be claimed by tribes. Its working
    -A large variety of resources with individual properties. Different woods, cloths and metals have properties that affect crafted items. Its working
    -Scavenged items such as books can introduce knowledge of new crafts and skills.
    Its working

Environment
    -Accumulating snow. Its working
    -Volumetric and dynamic layered cloud system. (where's the volume ? they are 2d to me , ugliest part of the game) Its working. I don't know whats your problem with the clouds, they look very nice and 3d for me, perhaps its your comp.

-Creatures react to adverse and favorable weather. I have no idea if they do or not.

Basic Actions
    -Different swim strokes are available based on skill. Its working

Skills
    -Over 50 skills in Combat, Physical Actions, Trade Skills, Crafts and Resource Gathering. Its working

Crafts
    -Inspiration allows characters to gain crafting patterns similar to those already known, without the needs to find these or learn them from other players. Its working
    -Patterns require a minimum skill level, but most are available to mid level craftsmen.
    Its working
    -Craftsmen are limited to the number of patterns they learn, gaining the ability to add more patterns to their knowledge base as they advance. I don't know, perhaps we are limited, never noticed that.
    -Object quality and durability depends on materials used and the craftsman’s skill.
    I think its working, but we can only check it if we try out all of the stuffs.
    -Craftsmen depend on tools and supplies from other craftsmen. Its working

Objects
    -Found objects can be sorted for material and color Its working

-Creatures are a primary resource for crafters. Its working

Tribe hierarchy, market and quests are on the way, they will be added in the next big patch if I remember well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Hmm ok, perhaps you haven't played the game recently.

Resources

-Constantly changing resources can be renewed or depleted. you just walk a few meters away and it pops up again... not working
    -Resources can be claimed by tribes. not working... the area that tribes cover is too small, the land offers the same everywhere atm
    -A large variety of resources with individual properties. Different woods, cloths and metals have properties that affect crafted items. there is no individual properties yet
    there is no skill book only recipes

Environment
    -Accumulating snow. not working , there is snow or there is no snow. there is no accumulation
    -Volumetric and dynamic layered cloud system. (where's the volume ? they are 2d to me , ugliest part of the game) comp is fine, clouds are 2d

-Creatures react to adverse and favorable weather. they dont

Basic Actions
    -Different swim strokes are available based on skill. Its working

Skills
    -Over 50 skills in Combat, Physical Actions, Trade Skills, Crafts and Resource Gathering. barely 20 skill

Crafts
    -Inspiration allows characters to gain crafting patterns similar to those already known, without the needs to find these or learn them from other players. Its working , oh ya pattern progression is in true
    -Patterns require a minimum skill level, but most are available to mid level craftsmen.
    Its working
    -Craftsmen are limited to the number of patterns they learn, gaining the ability to add more patterns to their knowledge base as they advance. I don't know, perhaps we are limited, never noticed that.
    there is no way to know that it's working, there is no quality or durabilty information
    -Craftsmen depend on tools and supplies from other craftsmen. Its working , how so ?

Objects
    -Found objects can be sorted for material and color Its working, how so ? you cannot sort your inventory there is no tab

-Creatures are a primary resource for crafters. Its working but not always primary

Tribe hierarchy, market and quests are on the way, they will be added in the next big patch if I remember well.

please post a pic of the sky... i will do it as well and lets compare

looks like a big 2D sprite to me... no volume at all

Swim: There is different swim animations for the directions you swim; I don't see any skill progressive strokes. Don't know what you mean by working.

Sorting: Scrap objects are sorted for random materials, so yes it's working.

Creatures: Don't even spawn yet. They're primary material for Bone-crafting, Cooking, and Leather-working. Leather-workers can get majority of the req materials from sorting, so creatures only have two dependent crafts. One of which only has 6 recipes other having none which is quite sad. I hope to find that bonecraft is not purely for ugly armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreseer View Post
    Swim: There is different swim animations for the directions you swim; I don't see any skill progressive strokes. Don't know what you mean by working.
    Swimming strokes change if you switch between run and walk while swimming. Swimming, like running, skill gains seem to decrease your energy usage as you level up the skill.