Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by aliksteel View Post
    Any option to turn anything on off
    I just want to make a small point here.

This doesnt always work, for balance issues. Like say there was an option to zoom out 1000 feet. I wouldnt agree with that as it would make it to good for people in PVP. Some things are there for balance, having the option isnt always best.

But I agree in this case here, if you want to limit yourself by turning off names for RP, or the circle sure great. I think there are way way more important things to do, but this option is fine.

I can see that, but it doesn't become an advantage if everyone has that option. It might be strategically more viable than playing zoomed-out, but noone would be forcing anyone to do so. That's the way I look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    I can see that, but it doesn't become an advantage if everyone has that option. It might be strategically more viable than playing zoomed-out, but noone would be forcing anyone to do so. That's the way I look at it.
    Well thats the problem with it, if you DONT do it, you will be at a disadvantage so you are forced to do it to compete.

Its like AFK macroing in Darkfall Online. Many people did it, and trained skills much faster than normal players. Thus it was forcing normal players to AFK macro, as Darkfall Devs allowed it to happen. (Later they said it was ban able but not trying to start a debate on that)

So my choices were either AFK macro (which I dont like) or be at a major disadvantage in combat which I like even less. So guess what I was doing? All because it was ALLOWED.

Same thing with zooming out. Say I dont like to play zoomed out, but if I dont I will be at a disadvantage in combat, which I like even less. Thus Im forced by default to play zoomed out.

Another one would be say, allow someone to have a "I WIN" button. I dont like that at all. You click the button, and poof they hit you for 1/2 your life. Well I can try not using it, because I dont like the "I WIN" button, but I will likely lose every fight when people use "I WIN". So Im forced to use "I WIN" also.

Granted it doesnt really apply here, because I doubt that seeing names or target ring is that major. But you can see how somethings do effect you in ways that you are pretty much forced to use them because the other way is something you like even less.

I know a lot of people think that way, but not everyone does. That's the thing. People think in different ways. There will be those that "must" play zoomed-out because it is the most strategic option, then there will be those that play the game in a way that is more comfortable to them because they want to enjoy the game in their own way. I was honestly surprised that the zoom in this game came out so far, but I prefer having it in a little more 'cause it looks better to me since I'm used to playing TPSs on the 360.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    I know a lot of people think that way, but not everyone does. That's the thing. People think in different ways. There will be those that "must" play zoomed-out because it is the most strategic option, then there will be those that play the game in a way that is more comfortable to them because they want to enjoy the game in their own way. I was honestly surprised that the zoom in this game came out so far, but I prefer having it in a little more 'cause it looks better to me since I'm used to playing TPSs on the 360.
    Well thats my point. Im sure there are a lot of people that would want the "I WIN" button also, But that effects me which if allowed in the game would force me to use it.

All Im saying is that options DO effect others even if we can choose to use them or not, because sometimes its not really a choice.

Yeah, some things shouldn't be customizable to the point where they effect game balance. The zooming out thing I fully agree with having the way it is. That being said, I guess turning the targeting circle off could be optional. It would put you at a disadvantage for combat by doing so, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
    Yeah, some things shouldn't be customizable to the point where they effect game balance. The zooming out thing I fully agree with having the way it is. That being said, I guess turning the targeting circle off could be optional. It would put you at a disadvantage for combat by doing so, though.
    I'd accept that if it meant not having to see it.

Yea I would enjoy being able to turn of the circle.

Its a real immersion killer when I'm out collecting grass for my pipe.
    For hunting its useful but while I'm about doing my general business its just a nuisance.

Not a biggy but it would be a nice option.

i would rather turn it off, doesnt help me any. or maybe redesign it plz.
    actually redesign it anyways but still give us the option