Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give us the option to:

Remove names from appearing over NPCs and to turn off the circle that is underneath them.

ok the name thing i guess that could be up to you but the circle under feet you really will never want to go away, it has too many uses for the player.

Except I really, really don't like it and would prefer that I could hide it at my discretion.

ok not saying some may not like it, but i will just give one big thing it helps us know.... when in a fight if it is not there u really will never know if you are gonna hit that target... have learned this from alot of pvp practice with whats out also if hiding is kept in, if u do not have the person targeted with the circle under them say after they attack you then run off and go back into hiding, u will not know if they are comming back to get ya again... can say it is a very useful thing, and will really help on release since there is alot of pvpers playing. You may not like it now but just think of the benefits it gives there is alot more then the regular its just annoying feeling.

He wants it as an option.

I think both are fine. I would likely leave both on too.

Quote Originally Posted by Helith View Post
    ok not saying some may not like it, but i will just give one big thing it helps us know.... when in a fight if it is not there u really will never know if you are gonna hit that target... have learned this from alot of pvp practice with whats out also if hiding is kept in, if u do not have the person targeted with the circle under them say after they attack you then run off and go back into hiding, u will not know if they are comming back to get ya again... can say it is a very useful thing, and will really help on release since there is alot of pvpers playing. You may not like it now but just think of the benefits it gives there is alot more then the regular its just annoying feeling.
    Helith,

I know it can be useful, but... I'm a console gamer! Ah, there, I said it. *feels like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders* Ahem, anyways, I play action games just fine without a circle under my enemies feet. I'm not trying to sound like an ass, I'm really not. I'm also not asking them to get rid of it. I just want to be able to hide it from me being able to see it. I prefer the way vista looks to windows 7 (I even spent a few hours figuring out how to make 7 look as much like my old vista as possible), I prefer office 2003 to office 2007, old facebook to new facebook, old youtube to new youtube (since history is now random), old Xsyon forums to new Xsyon. Aside from not liking change (which isn't the issue here), I hate not having the option to change the way something looks espeacially if it doesn't affect the underlying functionality. I'm also not a fan of targets being highlighted in this game, but one additional toggle at a time, eh?

just to give ya heads up i wasn't saying nothing bad towards you at all in this. Was just giving some reasons to use it, but if there is those who want to have the ability/option to turn it off. And now to go back to you not liing change.......... Ok using windows 3.1 mmmm thats old so lets say windows xp pro (yay) is fine but come on vista and you actually liked something about it..... all i can say is ..... why... why man ..... why? lol

I know you didn't mean anything personally. Actually, I did like xp better in terms of performance (I think '95 is my favorite because it's what I had when I was a kid, back when my hard drive had less memory than what my current gpu has), but asthetically, vista wasn't much different except for the color pallet and I had a higher resolution screen. Then when I got a new laptop with 7 a few months ago, everything looked different and functioned different as far as the taskbar goes. I'm not used to playing games that have the circle, because I've been spending most of my time the last year playing Bioshock, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption, and Fallout: New Vegas. Asthetically, it's like a slap in the face to me. That's a bit dramatic, but it's the way I see it.

Any option to turn anything on off, To move UI windows around or resize, To make transparent or change color, Is always a winner to me.
    So to have an option to turn names on and off, And also to turn on and off the target marker is a good idea.

And I'm not saying that this is why mrcalhou wants an option to turn them off, But I know that a lot of roleplayers would want the option.

Quote Originally Posted by aliksteel View Post
    Any option to turn anything on off, To move UI windows around or resize, To make transparent or change color, Is always a winner to me.
    So to have an option to turn names on and off, And also to turn on and off the target marker is a good idea.

And I'm not saying that this is why mrcalhou wants an option to turn them off, But I know that a lot of roleplayers would want the option.
    ^This.