why not? create massive sink resources , and take social activity to develop new tribe tecnlogy

example

Today , tribe like advance new farm level , each one hour tribe need gathering resources and put on "Stock" or "Research Site" more advance your "Lab" more "Enginner and Scientist you can hire"

Engineer and Scientist , people from your tribe with high INT and DEX , Charisma(for leader project)
all those people use minigames(or not) and time to finish "Research" after complet , in case weapon or building
you near build or weapon you see option "upgrade" in case bulding you need put upgrade mats on site and call Architect or Mansory , in Case weapon or tools you need brig to "smith" or "workbeach" + Mats + Toolcraft or Weaponcraft

Another case maybe implement or not about example farm in case next "Cycle" farm gain automaticaly upgrade and curse cost less or more depend upgrade your tribe have

I know about issue most active clan are reward
But i think resolve issue sink time and resources and create tribe objectives

Smal example tech tree i never finish ( wz2100 rts game i think most 12h in one session to finish but i dont know )
http://guide.wz2100.net/r/tech-tree

*Couples min i try post another sugestion about Resources per zone to create trading betwen tribes

** And curse system maybe need destroy another in case Inspiration and Recipes

*** Open new possbility to sell Knwologe about new recipes or excharge for mats