Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by trenixdecease View Post
    I say no, mines and ores are not something that survivors are even supposed to be thinking about, especially in the early stages of an apocalypse. There are scraps all over, why would someone make a pickaxe to get ore only to undergo a longer process in making the equipment they need rather than just finding the tools they need in the scraps? I think Xsyon purposely made us retrieve items from junk piles so we wouldn't have to deal with mines. That was one of the biggest frustrations in Wurm Online for newcomers.
    Actually the mining was the thing that I liked the most about Wurm. From day 1 all I wanted to do all day was dig my mine bigger.

Its not the resources that I was interested in but making my own subterranean bunker. In a post-apocalyptic world underground bunkers are not far fetched at all.

Quote Originally Posted by trenixdecease View Post
    Ok, when there is an apocalypse, I'mma go live off of scraps and you go dig up a mine. You might find one near your local mall, you should go start there. Taking about making sense, look how you sense sounds.

The game had less than 1k players on since years ago. It's a failure, I can be considered a veteran that keeps quitting because of how crappy the game is. I take part of the wikipedia that is designed by players, not Rolf. I hope one day it can improve, but I doubt it. Rolf should of listened to Notch when he had the chance. You are right, you are a fan. Wurm Online is based off of an unwelcoming fan based community. I can't believe how many times I've see newcomers be tricked and made fun of on the chat. Even the moderators take part in it. They've even turned everyone into an animal once, making the game unplayable. Such a funny April fools that we couldn't even play the game until the day was over? If Xsyon did that, I would definitely cancel my subscription.
    I must have missed it... was the thread title changed to "Reasons cry about Wurm Online"? It doesn't seem to be updating in my browser.

In the current context of scavenging wouldn't it make more sense to be able to smelt existing unwanted metal items and reforge or recast the metal into more needed items? Totally arbitrary, but say you find a bunch of old automobile water pumps. Not much you can do with those, but you could smelt them down and recast the aluminum into something more useful. No need to go out and find a bauxite deposit, there is literally tons of aluminum out there.

Don't get me wrong, I *love* the concept of mining. I justt don't think the location that the game is set in has a preponderance of mineral resources useful to our current tech level (aside from perhaps salt, cooks rejoice).

Drev