Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ultra Wide Screen Resolutions

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if someone could confirm if Xsyon works with very wide screen resolutions. I am running an eyefinity rig with 3 screens and a total res of 5760x1080. Will Xsyon run in that res and if so is the UI moveable/customizable at hi res?

Currently the maximum resolution is 1920 x 1080. I have not heard any plans to make it wider or support multiple monitors in full screen mode.

What i recommend to you all is first off make sure your HD has refresh rate of 100htz or better if its any thing like mine was 30 htz max in 1080i you'll have to run in 720p at a higher refresh another thing can also do is tell the launcher to run it in your resolution it might help as well.

Right click the Xyson launcher icon go to properties. Where it says target: it tells where Xyson is on the computer go to the end of the info in this window and add a space then type in this -Custom Resolution:enabled -r1600x1024x32
    but add your rez instead of mine you see in the diagram here. This will tell the launcher to run the game in this res hope this helps you guys.

If i would of known more about refresh i wouldn't of got this wide screen hd i would have gotten one with 120htz or better. The main issue with games isn't so much on there side it's on ours. The higher the rez on a hd the higher the refresh rate you going to need so it don't give you driver error this driver error you'll keep seeing on your mmo's is a 1080i refresh rate error between the video card and your monitor. This is what I've come to discover even tho there isn't any info to back this up. I have a 37 inch hd max 1080i is 30 htz error driver every time in middle of mmo's dropped it down to a 720p 90htz error goes away. Wife just got a 42 inch hd today for living room i decide ill test my theory it don't get the error on it cause it has a 180 htz refresh so I'm assuming its a driver issue with Nvidia not accepting lower refresh rates on the 1080i. I could be wrong but so far my theory is sound.

The problem I'm having is - While setting my desktop to 1920X1080 the actual program screen size came out as approximately 12" wide. I use a Viewsonic 24" HD monitor at 16:9.
    The enlarge button was greyed out. Windowed or not made no difference.

Update - I unchecked the windowed mode box and restarted the game. After a complete reboot the game now fills my 24" screen

I got this working in Eyefinity aross two screens using -Custom Resolution:enabled -r3840x1080x32. First time the game came up in normal res, however new resolution options were now available in settings. Changing to 3840x1080 and ticking full screen. Restarted the game and the loading graphics were stretched but the in graphics were awesome!

Zerlargal

Hmm I am trying to get a custom resolution and I can't get it to show up in my available resolutions . Is this the correct syntax for the "target:" ?

"C:\Users\jrestifo\Games\Xsyon\Xsyon Launcher.exe" -Custom Resolution:enabled -r1890x1100x32

Cannot get that to work.....

Can you play at 1920 x 1200? I know it;s not "ultra wide" but would like to know before I buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkladze10 View Post
    Can you play at 1920 x 1200? I know it;s not "ultra wide" but would like to know before I buy.
    Under the config settings, I am only able to get up to 1920 x 1080. There's no other config file that I can find.

So probably not, unless there's a work-around?

hmm wont that look a bit weird at 1920 x 1080 on my monitor which is 1920 x 1200?

1920 x 1200 is quite common some I'm surprised it's not in?