Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Uh uh,m not to forget quest implementation which is making it before release there you get some of your so much needed content which you, apparently, can't make yourself.
    Honestly, I don't see what your problem is. Those features you whine so much about are such a tiny part of the rather huge lists of features. Yet you revolve so much around them that you ought to think they were your entire life.. Which is, by all, quite fine a bit sad, but fine.

I don't necessarily agree with a 'set-ready-go' date.
    I think it should be a date that can be postponed a week or two, to fix any problems that may arise during this last month of prelude.

I for one would never be interested in Earthrise, if I were I wouldn't be playing a RPG Fantasy/Reality game.. I'd be playing a Sci-fi game..
    You can't compare the two game types because they are two completely different genres and thus you can't say that Xsyon will suffer because of Earthrise.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    I for one would never be interested in Earthrise, if I were I wouldn't be playing a RPG Fantasy/Reality game.. I'd be playing a Sci-fi game..
    You can't compare the two game types because they are two completely different genres and thus you can't say that Xsyon will suffer because of Earthrise.
    I think you dont understand this is going to be party sci-fi as time goes on. You will have guns and even machines. Just FYI.

Really I can care less about what games are coming out or not, my point is that this game is lacking and unless its fixed before release I will not be playing it. I dont even know anyone that will be playing it.

Crafting has major issues of boring and lacking of some of the features that are needed to make it more fun. Combat is really lacking at best.
    These are the 2 major aspects of the game and yet they are working poorly. Good job on terraforming but really I dont understand the point of what we can do. Building up cabins and tents etc that cant protect you or anything. Walls sorta work but what are we protecting? Plus there are no gates or doors, so you will always have a way to get into your town if attacked. There are no ranged weapons in the game so you cant shoot off the walls while people use choke points etc. I dont understand the need to build structures in this game that offer no benefit other than they might look cool.

Some things to do with buildings that would be nice.
    *Adding bonuses for healing rate.
    *Adding bonuses for skill gains of some crafts (Make a tailor shop, you can get tailoring skill faster while tailoring in it)
    *Places to lock up goods so people cant take them (sorta like baskets only cooler looking)
    *A place to defend from that gives you bonuses so if you are attacked you can stop them at the door and prevent them from getting you.

Those just a few things they could do. Nothing like that now.

3 major things that need to be changed before I can see it working.

1)Crafting needs to be much less boring. I made posts on this so you can understand that if you read them. Right now its very basic, lacking reaction or choice in crafting.
    2)Combat needs to have a lot of things added. Special moves, better attack animations, faster playstyle or better tactics needed. If they going to keep the combat slow like it is, they need to add better things in the combat even more than fast FPS style combat that has less things to do.
    3)PVE needs to be much better and more diverse. I didnt even see any MOB (MOB doesnt mean monster) that took more than 1 person to kill. Where are the MOBs that take a group to attack? Or that have special moves that you need to worry about, or even ones that are in packs so you have to be careful.

Those are the 3 major issues I have with the game. After that, it can be worked on for a long time. I love things like the totems and tribe ideas (not fully working but enough). I love terraforming and the ideas of food and faith etc (some not fully in).

I dont want to sound like this game cant work. Im saying I dont see it working in its current state. Im also not one to hope for the miracle patch.

With time science will come.. But that is not anytime soon. Besides, it would be a world that combined magic/science. Again it wouldn't be entirely Sci-Fi it would be a comination of Fantasy and Sci-fi.. It gives a basis of a much more diverse playerbase.

Those things you are talking about have already been stated will be improved during the last few months. So what are you complaining about? A combat system that has been designed through people's advices and that wasn't good enough now they're looking into M&B combat doubt it will make it, but shortly after launch you'd probably see a more M&B combat style than now. Special moves will be introduced during this month too.
    The only thing that is 'actually' missing from the crafting system is more diversed created items depending on your resource. They should change properties according to mats, colour, design, strengths, weaknesses etc.
    It says it self, that since the World Update feature isn't on, you won't find special mobs that takes more than a single person to kill. They haven't and can't age, gain experience etc yet. Again, it is being turned on.
    I've seen multiple packs of Raccoons, Bears, Coyotes and Mules. I've even seen a few kiddies from time to time. (Meaning you got about 8 kinds of mobs, 4 adults types and 4 kiddies).

Then there is the lack of tools tips for stats and items and a better ui, but those are relatively minor problems.

I'm not saying it'll all be perfect at launch, but the scenario you guys want to paint before you've even seen the launch seems very odd.

This should give you an idea of what we're complaining about, however, DDT pretty much nailed it in the head, so if you don't understand what the problems are after reading that, you probably won't after reading the following wall of text.

1) Most MMOs have grinds, but this games grind is miserable. Everything you do is what I would call a "boring" grind. Want to level up masonry? Go make a thousand bricks. Want to level up basketry? Spend hours collecting grass and making baskets. The list goes on and on. Bottom line is, the grind needs to be much less intensive and more rewarding to the player. By rewarding, I mean in the context of fun.

2) Combat. If anything needs to change before release, I think that it needs to be this. If any game falls under the category of a button masher, Xsyon does. There is absolutely no player skill involved in PvP. It's a combination of luck and how fast you can spam left and right mouse button clicks. Oh, and of course how much you grind your other skills up to put points into combat. If I was to give the combat in Xsyon a rating right now, it would be around 2/10. This is an honest rating, as literally nothing is involved in it. If the PvP/Combat stays the same for release, you can be guaranteed that people who enjoy PvP will almost always quit the game.

3) Crafting. Yes, you're probably wondering "Wtf, this is already in the game!". The answer to this is, well, sort of. Yes, you can craft things. You cannot, however, add anything unique or special to what you craft, other than changing the colour of equipment. You cannot change the properties of the weapon. This refers to making it lighter, as a result having a weaker person being able to swing it easier. Or making it heavier, making a stronger person who can swing it result in doing more damage. You also lack the ability to put any sort of buffs or "enchantments" on your gear. This seriously limits the effectiveness of crafting, and barely rewards the player for making something. Another serious problem with crafting is that if a individual makes a weapon with 100 skill in the area, it has the exact same stats and damage as a person who makes it with 25 skill. This should not happen, as it does not reward the player for achieving a higher skill. A lower skilled player could simply be fed all the patterns and have the same weapon making ability as a person with 100 skill, while still sitting at 25 skill.

4) I think this is already planned, but the tribal barriers need to be removed completely at release. This does not mean tribal influence or the territory your tribal owns, this refers to the protective "bubble" that surrounds your tribal lands. This game is a sandbox, which means open PvP is and should be available. Having a tribal land result in you being able to attack your enemies, and them not being able to touch you is not only unrealistic for a sandbox, but it makes the gameplay that much more shallow.

5) PvE. Like all aspects of the game right now, it is boring. This is partially due to the combat, but mainly because you never have to worry about being killed by a monster if you leave your tribal areas. You can simply have 25 unarmed combat and punch a bear to death. Of course, it's a fictional game, but seriously? There needs to be some threat for leaving the safety of your tribal lands, this creates suspense and makes the game fun. There is also a lack of things to do with PvE. There are no bosses, and there is about 4-5 types of animals in the entire game. Right now, there is absolutely no reason for hunters to collaborate to kill anything. As a result, people who enjoy PvE will be incredibly disappointed at release.

Finally, it's the feature list. This list is what is supposed to entice people to play the game, and I would say about 1/8th of what is listed there is playable within the game. Don't tell me that it's because it's "Prelude". If it's because it's "Prelude", then list what people can expect for "Prelude". Also, there is the fact that it's "almost" done on the test server. If my testing for what I do for a living was "almost" done, I would likely loose my job within a month. Point? Don't falsely advertise your game. For the most part, the features listed on that page are not done, and should not be used to entice people to play the game. I don't care if they are almost done, if it's not done, it's not done. If we can't play it, who cares if it's really close to being done, as it doesn't add to our playing experience. It would be nice if we could have all of these features by release, but we all know that's not going to happen. Well, at least in a state that's remotely playable.

You could make some variety in your grind, that is what you do in most other MMO's.. If you are tired of skilling a craft, go and hunt something. If you are tired of killing stuff, go and log something, fish something. There are plenty of options to get variety.. Build stuff for all I care..
    Point is, with a world update out of the question for now, nothing will decade, so currently crafting is only good to a certain point where it becomes obsolete.
    You won't find any mobs that are stronger than what they started out as, when they were spawned.. Because the world update is not.. present, they can't age, accumulate exp or anything, so no animals are piece of cake.
    When world update is activated, you'll begin to see that you really do need to do a lot to keep your tribe sufficient on resources for weapons, armor, tools and construction purporses (probably repairing). You'll slowly begin to see creatures getting stronger, some requiring groups to defeat. You'll start to see packs of animals, large packs consisting of several mobs, but it requires that they get their time to breed.
    Or have I misunderstood the freaking concept of the World Update?.. I doubt it.

I think it was stated that combat will get an overhaul focusing on M&B and that special abilities will be added, making combat more interesting than it currently is, at least some abilities might make it into the prelude, but the M&B might first be a little bit after.
    I've not seen, at any point, heard of anything called instances and no such as bosses yet. I've read that monsters that age long enough can become legendary (with world update) that I think is your PvE bosses.

It's not that I don't agree stuff is missing, it is. But I'm not gonna go into a whine before I've even seen how the World Update is going to function, as I've understood it is a major part behind this world, and have been turned off for testing purposes/improving it till now, I don't know.. which ever it is.

And then wait and see. They still got 1½ month to pull this off, at least give them the time to wrap up what they've said they'll try and wrap, which is most of the features you are worried about, before you start worrying/what seems to me to be whining, it may not be.. Dunno.

I've seen worse MMO Grinds than this. Honestly, just pick up EQ and you'll find it that it is a hell lot worse than this one is. Not the current EQ, but EQ Classic and we'll talk grinding for days, weeks if not months to get a silly earring just so you could have an extra buff on you (Though that was the Iksar exp, still took me 1½ month to get the earring). And that's without mentioning the horrendous that was levelling.

4) I think this is already planned, but the tribal barriers need to be removed completely at release. This does not mean tribal influence or the territory your tribal owns, this refers to the protective "bubble" that surrounds your tribal lands. This game is a sandbox, which means open PvP is and should be available. Having a tribal land result in you being able to attack your enemies, and them not being able to touch you is not only unrealistic for a sandbox, but it makes the gameplay that much more shallow.
    No, simply no.
    Everyone need some safe Place, witch is Tribe Land, and you should only be able to attack Players inside if you are at War.
    It should be simply enough to prevent attacking from inside to outside, its just a programming thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
    This game is a sandbox, which means open PvP is and should be available.
    I completely and whole-heartedly disagree with this reasoning.

I agree on what Gamefreak said and Mrddt on most points and about earthrise it will compete, it no where near a fantasy game , I,m in the beta for both games, I can't share because of the NDA but it will be competeing thats for sure...

The only thing ER has over xyson is guns, but they have all the other weapons, crafting in ER is far more advance than xyson and alot more fun.. When I bought Xyson I thought for sure animal breeding was gonna be there , they took it off the features page I noticed, I thought cool there adding something I never seen. Terraforming , cool we can make caves to hide in, can't do that either..

So bascially now its us building sand castles zzzzzz, The crafting is just like WOW , you add resources, and bam you have your item.. This means everyone will craft I can't see much trading going on since everyone will be in a guild or already have what they need, maybe for odds and ends ,if any of you played fallen earth thats the issue they have everyone can make what they need or have guildie make it so no need to trade.

Fallen earth crafting is better as well.. What I dislike to there is nothing that is even cool looking to make either armor looks like crap as well in Xyson, combat like everyone said is boring its who can click faster.. What bugs me is they want to redo the combat a year or months later so once everyone gets used to this combat its gonna be changed and everyone will have to start fresh thats makes no sense.

One thing I love to hear from the Devs why are you releasing???
    I mean you delayed many times, many now Earhrise is coming 12 days before and your releasing that is odd, most of your list says most of the features will or may not be in the game, so that tells me your pushing your product, you told us for the past year, you wouldn't do it right , you did not have anyone pushing you to finsh etc. Thats why I love indies then you push and unfinshed game... I,m confushed here..

I know making this game is not easy trust me, but if you want people to be happy, which you can't make us all happy, then delay it, you already delayed almost a year whats another 6 months.

Look at dawntide there being smart so many people think its being released soon , which its not until 2012 or when its right... You and them I noticed where taking your time then all of a sudden bam the game is being released when earthrise is..

I won't SUPPORT you now that you did this I won't until I see major changes..

Dawntide and earthirse both patch alot, what scares me to is that you do not add changes for a long time so when its time for us to get new content it won't be there, Mortal online everyone rushed to build there forts now there bored I can see that happen in Xyson as well.

I,m sorry if I come off harsh but I 'm doing this because I wanted Xyson to be different and succeed, I wanted it released more than the next guy but not like this.

/disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
    No, its not planned and tribal barriers won't be removed. You know, it has been stated many times that tribe areas will be safe zones during Prelude for the tribes who choose to be good or neutral.

FAQ answer:

This won't be in for a while as towns are planned as safe zones in the Prelude, though I am considered tribes to allow to choose if they want to be warring tribes during the Prelude. Warring tribes will be able to attack each other.

@jefferysauto:
    I'm sure the release date has nothing to do with Earthrise. There are so few information about Earthrise, only 1 video, and you are the first person I know who is in beta. If you check the Earthrise forum there are the same type of comments there, people are begging the devs not to release that game by 4th of February.

My guess is that the release date is set now for financial purposes. A small indie company can't pay for developers for an unlimited amount of time....they run out of money. So what if the question is this: release in February, or never. If thats the case I vote for release now, even in an incomplete and unpolished state, otherwise we will never see this game launched. At least let's give it a chance to survive, and let's hope it will get enough players who enjoy it enough to keep it afloat till the devs can add more content and polish.

11. 01-02-2011, 05:22 PM