Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Now I'm bummed...Nevermind the rest of what I had typed.....removed it

if you're going to pospone it yet again...FOR GOD'S SAKE...give us F'n rock removal and destruction while we wait!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Now I'm bummed...Nevermind the rest of what I had typed.....removed it

if you're going to pospone it yet again...FOR GOD'S SAKE...give us F'n rock removal and destruction while we wait!!!!!!
    I agree 1000% on this.

You can't make everyone happy.

Well...if the squeeky wheels are getting the grease, then here comes my squeeking. In othere words, while everyone is getting in their gripes in, I'm gonna too.

Back to the topic of character size...

Reach is not the only factor that should matter in character size. Total strength, as well as ability to abosrb damage. TINY people are less effective when taking a hit from a large guy...face it...the large guy is stronger if similar lifestyles are followed. Big guys have more mass....it's science....

If we're not gonna make it a real difference, then eveyone will be choosing midget toons....Guess I should go play Earthrise if size isnt gonna matter?

Size (mass) does already matter. The problem right now with combat as I mentioned before is that there is something wrong with the final targetting or calcuations.

There are many factors in the combat functions but for some reason the final blow is not right. I just haven't had the time to sit down and do a full review of this (and I got rid of the last programmer who was assigned to this).

Well...if the squeeky wheels are getting the grease, then here comes my squeeking. In othere words, while everyone is getting in their gripes in, I'm gonna too.

Reach is not the only factor that should matter in character size. Total strength, as well as ability to abosrb damage. TINY people are less effective when taking a hit from a large guy...face it...the large guy is stronger if similar lifestyles are followed. Big guys have more mass....it's science....

If we're not gonna make it a real difference, then eveyone will be choosing midget toons....Guess I should go play Earthrise if size isnt gonna matter?
    I don't know where you learned your science from, but shove a blade into someone and I don't care how big they are, it's going to hurt. But let's put something into perspective: I'm 6'3" and about 300Lbs while my cousin is about 5'8" and 200lbs. He can still push me all over the place despite my much larger size, and yes we're both lazy. Also, it's not necessarily true that big guys have more mass. More volume certainly; however, muscle is much more dense than fat. A smaller, but muscular, person can possibly have a greater mass than someone larger, but fatter.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    I don't know where you learned your science from, but shove a blade into someone and I don't care how big they are, it's going to hurt. But let's put something into perspective: I'm 6'3" and about 300Lbs while my cousin is about 5'8" and 200lbs. He can still push me all over the place despite my much larger size, and yes we're both lazy. Also, it's not necessarily true that big guys have more mass. More volume certainly; however, muscle is much more dense than fat. A smaller, but muscular, person can possibly have a greater mass than someone larger, but fatter.
    My science if fine, there are always exceptions to the rule but generally a swing or punch from a guy like swartznegger will hurt much more than one from a guy like martin short...I'm pretty positive about that. If you're expecting it, you're more likely to be able to thwart an attack from the little guy than from the larger. As far as you being pushed about by your cousin, the game doesnt consider the "inability" factor. If a person doesnt have it in them , then no size on earth will matter. As for your last part...I did say guys with similar lifestyle...so both would be working out, and trained fighters...and yes, the bigger guy will have more mass. So and overall....my science is solid.

EDIT: GF said I was being harsh and politically incorrect...so I softened wording.

My science if fine, there are always exceptions to the rule but generally a swing or punch from a guy like swartznegger will hurt much more than one from a guy like martin short...I'm pretty positive about that. If you're expecting it, you're more likely to be able to thwart an attack from the little guy than from the larger. As far as you being pushed about by your cousin, the game doesnt consider the "inability" factor. If a person doesnt have it in them , then no size on earth will matter. As for your last part...I did say guys with similar lifestyle...so both would be working out, and trained fighters...and yes, the bigger guy will have more mass. So and overall....my science is solid.

EDIT: GF said I was being harsh and politically incorrect...so I softened wording.
    Lol

Not necessarily true.

Newton's Second Law of Motion: Force = mass x acceleration

Some big guys are slow.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Not necessarily true.

Newton's Second Law of Motion: Force = mass x acceleration

Some big guys are slow.
    so are SOME small guys....in both cases the operative word is SOME.....as I said....all things being equal.....the big guy will hurt you more MOST times. You're forgetting, it's not pushing or pulling we're talking about(force, the ability to move an object), but impact(stopping an object in motion). Guess we could add distance traveled with velocity and mass to grade impact....with the longer reach...the big guy gets the distance favor as well as mass.

So lets hope next time you're punched by a big guy...you manage to get the slow one.