Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tribes

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    would it be possible for larger tribes to "swallow up" smaller ones? I mean if say a solo player has a totem down between 2 larger ones that keep expanding. Or, when placing totems does it always take in to account the maximum potential growth of nearby tribes?
    I'm not sure where the quote is, but previous the devs have said that tribe lands will not actually overlap at all. Not sure WHAT will happen though, but... that's what was said.

As far as I understand, tribe lands can only get so big and totems cannot be placed close enough to another tribe so their zones will touch. So there is no way it will touch another tribe zone.

But 1 man tribes brings up a whole new issue. If players can drop a totem anywhere with only 1 person how are you going to stop a clan from having it's members all drop totems on the best spots and real tribes not being able to settle anywhere good.

I guess thats where conquest comes in Shrimps. Fair enough, there wont be conquest in Prelude, cos tribe zones are safe zones, but post-Prelude they would then be in trouble I suspect.

I still don't get why you need a tribe to build structures. Even after hearing the arguements.

because otherwise you'd have random structures everywhere and people would use them to block off passages and rescources.

If they were non destructible by just anyone then it would be seriously exploitable. If they were destructible by anyone people would complain because they worked really hard to build that stuff and some random person destroyed it all in one night for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    I still don't get why you need a tribe to build structures. Even after hearing the arguements.
    Then you never played a free-building MMo.