Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

general suggestions

Cell these are some things that would make the game a bit better .

* being able to invite someone to your tribe without them having to be their(not that big of an issue but it would help)

*Compass: i had 4-5 people trying to find me yesterday and no one could only 1 of them was determined to find me with my pos zone and random landmarks around me after an hour of him failing we where like screw this and we used googlemaps to figure out where i was another 1-2 hours later he finally gets on the right path 5-10 min away from me but the server shut down. i like no maps but we need something in game to make it or a small little compass even if you half to make the compass it would still be fine.

*Boats: i had people trying to swim across the lake to get to me now which in their case is awesome but if we had boats it would be alot more interesting because not only now would we have all of the surroundings of lake tahoe but we would have lake tahoe as a participating land instead of just being for fishing and drinking water

*Mounts: you walk/run very unrealistically slow unless your sprinting and that takes up too much energy when the energy itself takes so slow to get up its hold x for about 1min to standing still for 5min. id suggest not to buy mounts and what not but. you can tame forinstance a deer and if you made a sattle for it you can put it on and adjust it then you can ride it and that goes for other animals. aswell if you did this id suggest being able to make a stable where there its some general hay,water and equipment for it so it looks like a stable. also the water or putting an animal in the stable could be used to regain its health or its energy.

*Shops: it would be cool if you if you could make your own shop in your tribal land and call it whatever you want and when people find you or come buy they can press e or right click on the shop and it would sell them items that you put in their.

*Everyone is saying this but combat system is a little but bad id suggest doing some darkfall(hack and slash) combat system or mount and blade combat(directional swinging and blocking) system parry and dodge shouldnt be a skill to pick it should just be generally passive and you get it up by if you dodge or parry someones attack.

* This is a little question for me... why is their over 20 fabrics and scraps it took me 30min to an hour to try to find a stack of 4 of the same fabric .

Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully some of these ideas will be added and have a good day.

Well everything you have suggestet is allready planed. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Caduryn View Post
    Well everything you have suggestet is allready planed. ^^
    well wouldnt that be a good thing now

Hello Mighty,

These are mostly planned for the near (shops) or not so near (boats) future. Although the compass is not a planned feature for launch I will see if we can get that done by then. Combat will undergo two revisions, one before launch, and more extensive revisions after.

To answer your question about the fabrics: This will become clear within the next two weeks. All materials have different properties. When you can see the effects via tooltips it will change the nature of crafting especially tool and material selection and will provide a lot more impetus for trading to get the desired materials.

I actually like the speed you move. It feels realistic to me. You don't move that fast in real life. But to help keep this from making the game boring

And I love the fact that you can't just hold most everything on the earth like most games, but there needs to be carts, wagons, other methods to carry large loads, obviously with different speeds. And if this is already planned, then Wahoo!

Atleast a Pach Mule are a really heavy need.
    Carrying Logs is a pain.

Good to see some familiar faces helping to make the game a better place
    in case I set my Forum name as something else this is Cremation

Quote Originally Posted by mighty View Post
    only 1 of them was determined to find me with my pos zone and random landmarks around me after an hour of him failing we where like screw this and we used googlemaps to figure out where i was another 1-2 hours later he finally gets on the right path 5-10 min away from me but the server shut down.
    Now what idiot would do that!!!

thebillyman... you go shut up and find some bolts!!!

by the way, colors already change based on fabric color for the ring master [neck item]. not sure if this copies across other crafted items yet. Also- at higher levels for running, your sprint becomes much more normal and economic. Also, I do like this jogging 'run' animation; its very realistic for energy conservation- watch a marathon runner and this animation and there are few differences

Quote Originally Posted by mighty View Post
    *Compass: i had 4-5 people trying to find me yesterday and no one could only 1 of them was determined to find me with my pos zone and random landmarks around me after an hour of him failing we where like screw this and we used googlemaps to figure out where i was another 1-2 hours later he finally gets on the right path 5-10 min away from me but the server shut down. i like no maps but we need something in game to make it or a small little compass even if you half to make the compass it would still be fine.
    I dislike the compass, I much rather use the position and zone indicator. It's a little difficult to understand at first but it's simple to use after you've figured it out. A compass will never tell you the exact location of someone or something, it only gives directions. Would be very interesting if we could instead use a star to signify exactly where north is rather than relying on a compass. That way, the time of day would have a bigger purpose. Otherwise, everyone will be carrying around a compass at all times. Just a waste of an inventory space...