Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Risk View Post
    I dunno...
    Biggie J said globa will end on live, but i've seen 10x more interaction wih global than before..even my region has come alive.. I know were going for realism but were still a crew that want to have a good time...

I say keep Global....with people going into tribes and using tribe speak..global will only be use a recuting.

Its a game...if we did real life it'd be done in 2 hours (Last time ya talked with yer folks)...we already have too many 1pop tribes...

General and global will be for Recruiting.............and sales ( gawd hoping) keep it open...

Definitely don't want a global chat, exactly as the last post says it'll he sPammed with recruitment adds and a global sales spam fest. Tribal totems will have individual auctions for that reason to encourage people to mOve around and maybe lead to trade hubs that people actually visit! U shOuld also have to exPlore and meet people to find a tribe IMO anyway I just hope jooky stands by his word on this one!

Chat bubbles are very very good. Darkfall failed badly because you could not see the person next to you talking unless you were in the same channel.

No chat bubbles = FAIL

I find chat bubbles to be really annoying. They are always off in when I play games that have them on. Talk about Global Spam? "TR@D3 M3 IM I N00B". No thank you!

Personally feel the need to have Global chat, but there should be a catch to it. I like the idea that players should be able to control things, ATITD use "microphones" to allow global chats. Some use theirs to have a game-wide channel for most things, others do player events, research... they are very limited, and very much player controlled. When problems arise, the players must sort it out.

You won't be able to please everyone. This is why forcing chat bubbles or global chat should be optional. There should be some forced "Global Chat" but for anything else, players should have the option if they want to partake.

why should there be some "forced" global chat?? I downloaded this game because it seemed to dare to be different and go for realism in a big way, im sure im not alone. There are a thousand other games out there to choose from and so far jooky has stuck to his guns on most issues and i hope he does with this.

I agree there should be some forced global chat. If by global chat you mean system messages stating when the server willgo down etc.

Otherwise it should just be player controlled like radio stations that you need to tune a radio in to listen to.
    It should require equipment at the source and the receiving end to work and both should be destructible so enemy tribes can stop the broadcasts.

Any artificial global chat is just wrong and would ruin the point of communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimps View Post
    I agree there should be some forced global chat. If by global chat you mean system messages stating when the server willgo down etc.

Otherwise it should just be player controlled like radio stations that you need to tune a radio in to listen to.
    It should require equipment at the source and the receiving end to work and both should be destructible so enemy tribes can stop the broadcasts.

Any artificial global chat is just wrong and would ruin the point of communication.
    Ok yeah i see what u mean about global system messages, of course that would be fine and pretty much essential to get information out to players. But i also agree that artificial global chat is wrong and would just filled with WTS WTB spam and join my tribe spam. The former undermining efforts to create trade hubs within player settlements through the use of auction totems. Interesting ideas though about radio stations ect and equiupment required to send and recieve information that way over larger distances.

Radio stations sounds like an excellent idea. I hope this is possible.

Personally prefer not having a global chat. Hell, would personally prefer a "localized" communication system period. I mean, if you're 4-5 zones away from your tribe's totem, you shouldn't be able to chat in tribe. Also, if you are 4-5 zones away from a player, you shouldn't be able to /whisper them. Why you ask? Well, i just don't see "cell phones" being an option in this game world. Localized communication seems more along what this game is trying to do.

Edited to add: And yes, I know, most players now a days use an out of game voice communication program a.k.a. venrtilo/teamspeak, but still, is the sort of principle of the thing. Not everyone does, and every "guild" has those solo guys never on vent. If they're too far away, they shouldn't be able to "call for help."

Quote Originally Posted by willbonney View Post
    Edited to add: And yes, I know, most players now a days use an out of game voice communication program a.k.a. venrtilo/teamspeak, but still, is the sort of principle of the thing. Not everyone does, and every "guild" has those solo guys never on vent. If they're too far away, they shouldn't be able to "call for help."
    You know theres tribal chat right?