Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Communication in game

Maybe this has been discussed before but i dont have a lot of luck with the forum search..!

Is there any solid info about chat channels after launch? Its been discussed a lot in game recently and the general consensus seems to be that global will go (a good thing imo) abd the rest will stay as is.

Personally, if we are just left with general this doesnt do it for me as far as a local chat goes. I would much prefer local or general to be actually local and not a radius of a few square kilometres. What about a real local chat to talk to those in your immeadiate surroundings? I dont have a problem with guild or group chats being a wide radius or even global but surely the point of the village message board system and mail is to create a level of emmersion that a glbal chat channel doesnt?

Any thoughts or info on this?

The global chat is only during testing. Once the game goes live it will be removed.

the normal chat extends out to every zone that touches the one you are in, I believe.

Global chat will be removed at launch, it's for testing only.

Local chat will also have a reduced area, once we set tribal zones as starting locations.

We will add a 'party' chat for non tribal groups to join together and have a private chat channel.

Yeah local chat is way too large. It's unrealistic. When you talk in local only the people around you should be able to hear you.

Chat bubbles above the head of characters would be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Global chat will be removed at launch, it's for testing only.

Local chat will also have a reduced area, once we set tribal zones as starting locations.

We will add a 'party' chat for non tribal groups to join together and have a private chat channel.
    Thanks for the response, Ok sounds good, local chat will be much more realistic with a smaller catchment area, and as much of the game aims for realism it would be good if this area does too. Party chat will also be welcome im sure

I also agree - chat bubbles would be great, all my previous favorite mmorpgs had them pretty much and it does add to immersion. Of course im sure people will start moaning i dont want my screen clogged up, well im sure switching off can be an option!

I agree, chat bubbles would be a good option.

Chat bubbles Ultima Online style FTW. Encourages social gathering spots for trading....just copy UO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firebat View Post
    Chat bubbles Ultima Online style FTW. Encourages social gathering spots for trading....just copy UO !!!
    Lets burrrrrn. That is all.

I dunno...
    Biggie J said globa will end on live, but i've seen 10x more interaction wih global than before..even my region has come alive.. I know were going for realism but were still a crew that want to have a good time...

I say keep Global....with people going into tribes and using tribe speak..global will only be use a recuting.

Its a game...if we did real life it'd be done in 2 hours (Last time ya talked with yer folks)...we already have too many 1pop tribes...

General and global will be for Recruiting.............and sales ( gawd hoping) keep it open...