Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Energy = Stamina and Fatigue

Pretty much the Energy bar would be a combination of 2 different factors: Stamina and Fatigue.

Stamina would be dependent only on food/water/fat levels. And Fatigue would be dependent on work/time and could be relieved by camp fires and housing.

Therefore, if your food/water are full and you are of a healthy body weight for your height than your Stamina regen should be somewhat fast (aka the stamina bar should fill in no more than 15 seconds at 100% food/water)

Now, how Fatigue is factored in is how much stamina you can regen. So the more work you do, the less stamina you can regen quickly (has no effect on how fast stam is regened, just how much). If you work intensely for an hour or 2, say logging or terraforming you might not be able to sprint at all until you rest next to a fire or in a house to lower your fatigue limits.

How this can be visualized? Stamina would be the standard green bar in the Energy bar right now. Fatigue could be a Red/Purple colored section moving from right to left on the same energy bar depending on how much fatigue you are suffering. If you have no fatigue then there is no Red/Purple in the energy bar. If you are at 100% fatigue it would reach to 50% of the energy bar from the right to left. You would still be able to regen stamina quickly to 50% however, it wouldn't be enough to sprint. Although you could run quite far depending on your skills.

I don't see a reason for making the energy bar more in depth. Currently, as you level up a skill such as terraforming, the less energy it takes. That makes sense, being that your body is adapting to the labor. Your ideal system would only make things more confusing and even difficult. If anything, I'd much rather have the Wurm Online system of stamina. The system that energy and health have a common relation. Low health effects the amount of energy you can get and it also effects the regeneration process. Remember, food and water also effect energy.

my main complaint is that when PVP comes along, it is really going to be horrible to be out of stamina in 5 seconds of fighting. A Raiding party shouldn't have to rely on running back to fires and temp shelter to regen stamina quickly. I understand rest is going to allow for a faster regen, however Food/Water should effect the regeneration of Stamina a lot more. 5 minutes of work and 10 minutes of rest will scare away a very large portion of possible paying players from this game. I have a lot of patience... but not many others will.

I do like certain aspects of Wurm's stamina system. Namely the fast regen of stamina (aka almost instant at full health/food/water). I do not like that stamina and health are so closely related however. There is a fatigue system in Wurm... however it is never reached unless someone is hacking/cheating.

I see the high stamina drain during combat has its place of preventing the 'fists of furry'. If you survive the 'fists of furry' then the other person is a sitting duck, from running out of stamina, this is especially more true when multiple people are involved. This is subject to some tweaking with the rest of the combat system.

On the other side of the stamina usage, I think that cutting down tree after tree would be very taxing. Your 5 mins of work, and 10 mins of rest for instance, But I submit that it should be possible to do the same work in 15mins and no rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarosz View Post
    my main complaint is that when PVP comes along, it is really going to be horrible to be out of stamina in 5 seconds of fighting. A Raiding party shouldn't have to rely on running back to fires and temp shelter to regen stamina quickly. I understand rest is going to allow for a faster regen, however Food/Water should effect the regeneration of Stamina a lot more. 5 minutes of work and 10 minutes of rest will scare away a very large portion of possible paying players from this game. I have a lot of patience... but not many others will.

I do like certain aspects of Wurm's stamina system. Namely the fast regen of stamina (aka almost instant at full health/food/water). I do not like that stamina and health are so closely related however. There is a fatigue system in Wurm... however it is never reached unless someone is hacking/cheating.
    Have you actually had a pvp fight ?.. You don't really use energy on combat. I'm sure that is going to change but.. Well..