Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    It would reduce the grind if we could set up machines to help crafting stuffs as we level up. Like a tailor reach lvl 25 he/she would be able to set up a spinning machine, upload it with materials, set the ratio of threads, springs and twine he wants to get at the end and start the machine. It would run for some hours (depending on the amount of materials it was uploaded with) and it would stop when all of the stuffs are crafted. The tailor would get the same amount of exp he would get by crafting them manually.

The higher level we get in crafting the better machines we could make. This would solve the problem of the insane amount of clicking and boredom of crafting massive amounts of stuffs which quality doesn't count. High quality things should still be crafted manually.
    I agree, though I think it should be split between engineering and the skill. Also, this should be at a later time period and should only be for refining mats-like turning twine and/or scraps into the bolts of cloth.

You shouldn't get a benefit for playing the minigame if it were to be an option. There are much better ways to make crafting more fun, rather than relying on minigames. Crafting is more fun when you get unknown results. In Wurm Online, I liked the way you were to improve items because it was unknown of what item you must use next in order to improve the item even further. However, that system took way too long for such a simple task. I also still think that Aion had the best gathering and crafting system. With it, there was two bars, one being success the other being failure. Every second one bar increased based on probability, the success bar even had a chance of having a critical. If you were to critical an item, the item was better than average and would give extra stats than the original finished product would have given.

Good point, but I believe that people threw stones at me when I suggested this to some threads

I think the mix of critical system and the system to fail / success from play Entropia Universe give an exact match but I'm quoting other side of a simpler system to be applied

Would one of the two suggested system without difficulty but rather exactly as above
    Some like the complex stuff (me) others prefer something simpler
    / Discuss

Bonus : img about aion craft bar ( dont find about crit system , but i know simple to see crit intem because blue bar change to yellow ( dont remember )

lol double post

Quote Originally Posted by Demiwar View Post
    I personally loved Vanguard's crafting games. Good times... the only thing that game really did right.
    OK so lets copy what vanguard did then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Thats right, but if it gives less exp then people will feel the urge to craft manually and we get back to the original problem...
    Actually you don't. The original problem is the grind to get the basic pieces to make advanced items. Factories are not for gaining skill. SWG did factories and automatic production better then any game I have seen to date. You craft the item just like normal, but make the schematic at the end instead of the actual item. Then this is uploaded into the factory, components put in, and it gets to work. As the crafter you were rewarded with minimal XP, but it wasn't a big deal because you were going for mass production, not grinding your skill while AFK. Essentially factories create a choice, xp or mass production.

Now, back to the mini games thing, Im not the biggest fan of them, but I would much rather have a skill based mini game then a random number telling me my bat with a rock tied to it somehow does 5 more damage then the other guys. Honestly, in my opinion, item quality should vary solely based on the resources and the crafters skills. Once mining comes in, maybe iron from the northern mountains is harder and heavier then the south, making slower but harder hitting weapons, while southern iron does better for metal armors and the range on arrow heads.