64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

59 92.19%
  • No

5 7.81%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[Important] Xsyon Wiki

Some say it killed the game, others feel it is needed and information that you think about the wiki on xsyon?

http://www.xsyonwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page

Not to sure wiki could kill the game but it might give ppl the info on things that they would only get thru time or advice during the game, but whats rlly wrong with that.

I don't get this poll, but I suspect Yes means you are for a Wiki (tho the wiki is lacking a lot.. at best)

The dev team really need to put up a wiki on the xsyon.com domain rather than using the current third party site
    I would happily fill the wiki and keep it up to date but I do not feel my efforts are rewarded on the current wiki which is hardly ever visited

We don't use a third party site . That wiki was put up by someone who doesn't play the game but supplied the wiki for people to add to.

Well is there any chance you could add the wiki link to the front page so more people know about it?
    Also is there any way to contact the owner of the wiki? I would like full editing privileges but could not find any contact info.

In any case it will be compulsory to read a wiki site so it's up to the player to check it or not imo.

The most commonly used wiki in Darkfall was created by one person with a great deal of the information put in by that one person so I think its realistic to say wiki's are going to happen no matter what. What we as a community can do however is try to affect there to be only one (or a small handful) by encouraging one wiki.

Having one wiki is imperative or we will have the information divided into several wikis. Each and single one maintained by one person that cares for that field and hopes more will join his wiki.
    Hallelujah. .

I was updating a lot of the information on the trees but stopped since they had no real difference :Pp

the wiki link from the first post.... leads nowhere (at least it didn't lead anywhere for me.)

having a repository for knowledge is vital.