Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    no matter what this is where tribe warfare comes in, hey if a tribe is to slow and get pissed at all this; just keep in mind to remember what happened and in the long run when tribe warfare is released just destroy the tribe that took the land that your tribe has been working on for months to a year in beta, that all who have seen would know it would be yours, this all of course it you go the diplomatic way and nothing could be worked out.

And how do you stop the people like BAC from never making a tribe but having there members run all over the place putting solo tribes up. If I'm not mistaken a solo tribe will keep other tribes from being able to make there tribe at max distance, Just like a real tribe would. Remember, Jooky said that he has it where no matter how big tribes get that there territory will never touch. So a solo tribe will keep any real tribe at max distance. I can see how this could be great fun for the griefer's out there.

But that's why I was not happy to see solo tribes, Hell now that I say it out loud, It really doesn't make any sense. You are taking a plural and inserting it into a singular. Tribe does mean many, Right?

EDIT: I will not take off work just to try for our tribal land, But it would suck if some A-hole that never works and lives off his mommy can log in and grab my land. Yea that would be fair.

From what Jooky said about tribe areas not touching, I understood it to mean that totems couldnt be placed close enough to each other, for them to ever restrict each others growth. Im pretty sure Virtus also confirmed that to be the case.

Should be a set of rules in place to keep people/tribes from being able to have their members run around creating solo tribes simply to grief... Those found guilty should be banhammered after being warned. It's fairly easy to see who just "made a mistake in their placement" and those that intentionally are trying to use game mechanics to grief another tribe... I'm strictly against making it to where solo players can't make a tribe, but perhaps make the area in which a single member can claim, be a lot less then it currently is...

Make it a steep climb in how much area is claimed per member for a few members, then after say 5 members, the area claimed declines gradually per member... Just for a rough example.. Create tribe, 1 person, get 40 tiles. second person, get another 40 tiles, up to 5 then the 6th gives 20 tiles, 10th, 10 tiles, and from there after 5 tiles of extra land... I know that's a horrible way to give an example, but you see the point.

Overall though, an active mod team can easily take care of griefers if they really wanted to, and is what a lot of games lack now days. So much work put into coding, going through updates, when it could be avoided by just sayin " if you do this, we're going to jack you up, so don't do it, kay? "

I'd have to agree that I think the guides stepping in to basically hand deliever the tribe their land is just stupid. Just because they are in game now doesn't mean they should keep that territory. Hey if you're going to do that why not just let them keep the buildings items and skills too? In fact lets just not have a wipe.

Isn't the whole point of having a server wipe so that everyone starts on a fair and level playing field? The whole reason I'm not active in game at the moment is because I thought everything would just get wiped anyways but if I knew they were reserving tribal areas I would've logged in every wipe just to throw a totem down.

I understand your problem aliksteel. I hope your entire tribe doesnt have to work as well immediatly after final wipe. Perhaps one of them could rush to the site and plant a one man totem, to hold it until your main tribe is formed, at that time the "onemaner", can disband and tibe leader place the new totem, and the onemaner can then join main tribe.

I've tested the closeness of tribe totems. Totems are placed as if the tribe is at maiximum population for increasing land area. No two tribal areas should ever overlap. Even though your official tribe boundry wont actually reach to the maximum until your numbers justify it, the land is still "un-totem-able" for another tribe.

It's been said some of the tribes have guides as members.......how do you prevent guides playing favorites, even if not intended ?

The goal with this is basically to stop 'griefers' who will purposefully rush in to claim land they don't really want just to frustrate established tribes.

What I've done so far is mapped out locations of existing tribes. They are quite spread out really so I don't think that there are many 'contested' locations.

It sounds like many of you just want a clean slate. That's easier for me. I'll consider putting this to a vote amongst the tribal leaders.