Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Clarification needed about update.

I was just wanting this line from the updates explained please...

Guides will be available to help the current in game tribes to secure and start building at their already established locations.

From what people are saying in game, Game Guides will interfere with what THEY think is the land people have reserved before launch. I think, this would be unfair to those that played a lot in beta and have had the past few months break, and have now come back to discover people in their place.

As an example, right now, there is another totem in the place I chose for my guild, with no work done to it, just a totem, a const. site in place, and no other sign of civilisation. I would not like game guides to interfere with us to place our totem there, as we chose this place about 3mths ago, when we were playing regularly. Just because a guild gets tired of wipes, and is not willing to play test the game endlessly, does not mean we should suffer the game guides taking our land away from us, to some lazy pricks that log in once every wipe to place a totem and a bullshit project site.

Personally, I think gm's should just stay out or it, if you want a spot, get your ass in game and get it. If people falsely claim spots, like how I have described above, it will be very very unfair.

heh probly whats going to happen dont know how they can interfere

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    [/B]From what people are saying in game, Game Guides will interfere with what THEY think is the land people have reserved before launch. I think, this would be unfair to those that played a lot in beta and have had the past few months break, and have now come back to discover people in their place.
    From what I understand. Guides will teleport players to their desired location. Whether walking to your area, or getting teleported. There isn't much a difference from regular game-play. It'll be first come first serve. Players from Prelude have a 2 week head start of other players, so you may want to be the first to login and request a teleport and keep note of the coordinates of your desired location.

Xsyon Citizen
    See im not sure i agree with this.... let me explain breifly.

Regardless if you have played the game through the whole entire testing or not shouldnt mean you can claim or reserve an area of the game for you to use as you're tribe location.

At this point during the Beta, you are playing the game as testers not players, and we all knew that come release everything would be wiped including items, gears, characters, tribes, buildings etc etc etc.
    Testers shouldn't be entitled to anything ingame more than players joining on the release.
    The right to play the game pre release should be reward enough.

Honestly if players reserved an area of the game that they thought was the perfect location, then how fair would that be to other new players joining the game, who would like to create a tribe.

Gm's should just leave this be, and if you really really must have the location you had pre-release, then log on when the servers go live, and race to get your spot.
    Thats Fair.

just my thoughts

I'm.... 50/50 on this, while new players should have a chance at w/e area they want if they get there first, I also see how many tribes have been in the same area for months and months, working on their layout... It would suck hardcore for a 1 man tribe to come along, plant a totem right in the middle of where a 20 man tribe used to be...

Either way it goes, it doesn't bother me really... There is plenty of land, and with the map expanding at some point, even more land.

I think a proper way of solving this would be to take the top active member wise tribes, and give them reservation rights for land, many of them have put hard work into their area, and know it's layout, and what they want to do, many have worked months on making it perfect. 20 member tribe's spot being taken by a 1 man tribe who logs on once a week wouldn't be right.

Guides should be easily able to spot which tribes would be best candidates for having land reserved, taking into consideration productivity, how much they have helped with the development of the game, etc.

It is not our intention to interfere with general game-play.
    I'll discuss this with the team, and give you a forthcoming answer in due time.

Xsyon Citizen
    Appreciated

Considering this affects me greatly, I'll give my opinion.

My spot is greatly sought after, and my tribe had played long ago. But like some other people, who just didnt want to burn out with multiple wipes, and continuosly re-starting, decided to give it a rest for awhile. They, as did all the earlier players contribute as much as any current player to testing beta.

I too play constantly, and took great pains to select my(tribe's) location for strategic reasons, as well as continue to re-work my(tribe's) area with each new patch.

So..how do you make it fair, for those who played before, but are waiting until the final wipe vs those currently playing and looking forward to final wipe as well. Especially if they both want to occupy same territory or lands.

The only real solution, is not to do anything at all to effect it either way. First come, first served should be the mantra here. Sure, there's gonna be some butt hurt people....this will inevitably break out in battles over time because of feelings of betrayal, with a myriad of excuses of why they were just a tad slower than those who got the "spot". Slower computers...bad connections...ISP down....had to work....have a real life...etc. In the end....just as in real life.....some folks win, some lose.

Yes, I really do want my spot......will I rage quit if I dont get it...no.... TBH, I feel no matter where my tribes ends up...we'll make the best of it, and our place will be awesome...because what really makes the tribe is the people, not the place.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Considering this affects me greatly, I'll give my opinion.

My spot is greatly sought after, and my tribe had played long ago. But like some other people, who just didnt want to burn out with multiple wipes, and continuosly re-starting, decided to give it a rest for awhile. They, as did all the earlier players contribute as much as any current player to testing beta.

I too play constantly, and took great pains to select my(tribe's) location for strategic reasons, as well as continue to re-work my(tribe's) area with each new patch.

So..how do you make it fair, for those who played before, but are waiting until the final wipe vs those currently playing and looking forward to final wipe as well. Especially if they both want to occupy same territory or lands.

The only real solution, is not to do anything at all to effect it either way. First come, first served should be the mantra here. Sure, there's gonna be some butt hurt people....this will inevitably break out in battles over time because of feelings of betrayal, with a myriad of excuses of why they were just a tad slower than those who got the "spot". Slower computers...bad connections...ISP down....had to work....have a real life...etc. In the end....just as in real life.....some folks win, some lose.

Yes, I really do want my spot......will I rage quit if I dont get it...no.... TBH, I feel no matter where my tribes ends up...we'll make the best of it, and our place will be awesome...because what really makes the tribe is the people, not the place.
    Couldn't Agree More

That was my point exactly, that when we first chose our spot, there was no other soul to be seen anywhere near where we were. All of a sudden, a few of us come back to play a little again, and theres people everywhere. They may think they have claim to that land, yet we played there excessively earlier in the beta.

I would much prefer tribal zones to not be safe, this would be the only sure way to let people sort out who the spot belongs to. Since that doesnt seem to be an option, for some reason, I guess you could wait for the tribe to leave their zone.