So i've been testing the game for 4-5 days and i think its safe for me to express my biggest dissapointment/fear for the game. It's the lack of orientation...I realise this is a sandbox and no i do not wish for a mini map or a compass.But in real life (sandbox=real life=realism) us humans have the ability to guide ourselves back to a certain place basically by our phortographic memory that stores images of an area that helps us guiding ourselves ,even through wilderness. Xsyon's enviroments unfortunately lack in natural "landmarks'.There is a lake which visually looks the same all around it. All rivers mountain hills etc have the same similar "setting" and placement.
RESULT: i get often lost. I keep losing track of my own totem if i walk a bit too far. The worst of all is that constantly feel dissoriented(especially in wood areas). I turn my avatar around a bit and i need a few seconds to realise where am i heading at. And this happens too often , at least to me.
SUGGESTIONS:
1) Map making Skill that raises the more you travel(walk).Perhaps this skill can give you a map of different detail levels according to your skill level.
2) An empty notepad for us to draw our own map and write our own notes.

p.s. Yes i know there are coordinates but tbh i hate those.They are anti-sandbox and hard to learn or even memorise.

I hope there are some solid plans for navigation , i am really anxious about this.