Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Religion & Faith

Hum same deal erros blame google translator ( I fix somes )

Religion & Faith

Introduction
    There are currently 2 concept about religion and faith in the status of the creation of char,
    Aiming to cover this detail came to me this idea
    * Remember that the tribes saw city after a 10 member number that I believe should move to 20

There would be three trees "research" one for each type of alignment that tribe decided

Good
    This tree would consist of "miracles" that would make the tribe stronger economically and defensive spells
    Neutral
    This would contain basic level of economic miracles and military
    Evil
    Good as this tree says she would have offensive spells and buff

It would work as
    Are first-constructing a temple at the time of its creation it would be neutral and as such he would use for good or evil
    Or
    1b-that would be built based on the alignment of the tribe already defined in Totem

As you would gain the power to cast these spells

There had been an altar in the temple where "Father" will also check the option and the cost of mana
    All the members of certain ranks could display the result with the mana of the tribe

The gain in orders would be made primarily of two forms

Alignment
    Good
    They would gain through the offering of Food and materials (except weapon)
    However they would win the fight by not engaging
    And when more impressive is the construction of the temple (Upgrades explain below)
    Evil
    They win by offerings of live animals (aka taming) and offerings of weapons
    They win by 3 times weekly tournaments held inside the larger number of bloodshed would be higher converted mana
    Besides upgrading the course at the temple
    Neutral
    They won all kinds of offerings (Low Quantity)
    They could upgrade the temple using the two alignment

2b
    Another way is prey much

* Certain items above need to balance (try to work it out)

Upgrade and extension in the temple of the same

Intro
    It creates the desire to work communitarian to access the "magic" of the tree deeper

When you create the temple would be to upgrade these slots slots would fill out so they were building a statue personifying the power or the tribe wants

After that the religious leader should go up to the altar and a mass erform to complete the invocation of power

@ Roleplay: "Nothing serves a lifeless statue and must create a connection"

Ideas about magic and continuation of the concept soon

Who Could Casting Spells?
    Tribe members who belong to religious authorities
    That number would not be infinite as this would be variable magnificence of his temple

Temple Level I
    1000 Granites Bricks
    50 Log
    400 Nails
    50 Long Wood Pole
    50 Long Wood sturd
    100 Twine
    30 Cloth starp
    (also example)
    This temple would give him a stock of 1000 mana
    Possibility for 3 slots magic
    Possibility of setting five people to cast the spell

Each upgrade would cost 2 * OldValue
    Each upgrade would give you Mana * 1.5
    Give him a spell slot to more (or 2 depending of quantity)
    It would be possible to set two more people available to cast spells

----now take my large time to update because need think about 20 spells +-

============ Reference============
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_&...8video_game%29
    or simple Black & White

It's extremely difficult to understand all of this, but I can respond to one thing. I dislike spells, I wouldn't want to have mages walking around casting spells on people. Magic and spells should be used for anything but battle. Whether it's a filling a cup with water, or praying to the gods to increase the probability of it raining in a drought so your crops wont die.

Oh Trenix I suggest you visit the real world one day, I bet you and a lot of people have in a lot in common.. Usually they don't like that either, you should try it .

Anywho, your idea is kind of good Vadio, although I'm not entirely sure I like you whole tree thing.
    It is, as far as I know d'n'd sort of magic which means druidic it was stated in a post.. The whole choose spells, let the player and not the guild decide that and whether or not spells should be linked with alignment is not something I think will work.
    However, the whole offering sounds fine but I don't know how it would work . Mana I think is faith.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    Mana I think is faith.
    Nah, mana was what the Israelites ate whilst lost in the Sinai. =p You are thinking of spell power.

Seriously though magic should not be commonplace or battlefield magic. It should be restricted to what would be called folk magic, getting things to work better, weather modification, healing wounds a bit faster (NOT cure light wounds spell), filling wells, calling fish, making chickens lay, baking bricks stronger.

In short magic, if included, should be like old B.A.S.F. - they wouldn't make a lot of the products you have, they make a lot of the products you have, better.

Oh Trenix I suggest you visit the real world one day, I bet you and a lot of people have in a lot in common.. Usually they don't like that either, you should try it .
    Didn't know that in the real world we could cast spells to increase the probability of it raining or that we can cast a spell on a cup to make it be filled up with water. Interesting world you live in, you sure you visited the real world?

Quote Originally Posted by tedrick View Post
    Seriously though magic should not be commonplace or battlefield magic. It should be restricted to what would be called folk magic, getting things to work better, weather modification, healing wounds a bit faster (NOT cure light wounds spell), filling wells, calling fish, making chickens lay, baking bricks stronger.

In short magic, if included, should be like old B.A.S.F. - they wouldn't make a lot of the products you have, they make a lot of the products you have, better.
    You hit dead on with what I was saying. Fantasy should be limited to what is mythical and supernatural. It also shouldn't be obvious. For example, casting fire balls at random people like some kind of battle mage, is obvious. Performing a miracle like healing someone's wounds or calling for rain, isn't obvious. And of course, such powers should have restrictions. It shouldn't be easy to obtain, maybe having the person gain tons a faith with their religion before they could even perform a miracle.

Will you restrict people from carrying guns too then? Honestly, with all memory wiped I hardly see people pick up a gun, let alone fire it corretly at the moment.
    You are fine with the crash of realities in this game, you're fine with zombies and mutated monsters and Gods
    But you draw the line at magic. It is quite funny.

Stop discussing whether or not it should be in, when it has been stated it is going to be in and then bloody wait for some info on how the system will be, before you speculate..
    It's suppose to be d'n'd magic and that is what we know about it. Go search for druidic d'n'd magic and you probably will get an idea.

I think the whole battle magic as well as beneficial magic was part of the original plan, I'm sorry. It could work out like you being able to create a cloud to water your crops and the same cloud into a lightning storm to slow down enemies ..

Will you restrict people from carrying guns too then? Honestly, with all memory wiped I hardly see people pick up a gun, let alone fire it corretly at the moment.
    You are fine with the crash of realities in this game, you're fine with zombies and mutated monsters and Gods
    But you draw the line at magic. It is quite funny.
    I'm sure there is a line that we could draw with the memory loss that our characters experienced. I'm pretty sure that everyone still functions intelligently just they forgot solid ideas from the past. If they were to find a gun, it shouldn't be hard to figure out how to use it. However building one may be something they have forgot how to do. I am fine with zombies, mutated monsters, and Gods because they are in many urban legends, folk tales, religions, and myths in today's and the pasts society. There are people who without a doubt would say that the Jersey Devil exists. However, have we really seen one? Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. This game should allow us to experience it. You never heard of miracles?

I think the whole battle magic as well as beneficial magic was part of the original plan, I'm sorry. It could work out like you being able to create a cloud to water your crops and the same cloud into a lightning storm to slow down enemies ..
    Slowing someone down by environmental effects would nice too. However, I dislike the idea of spells actually damaging the enemy tribes.

the tribe itself should not decide who can an canot do magic or what type in there tribe. people should be allowed to chose there own path healing or damage dealing in the various forms it may take.

Thumbs up Did you forget to read what the game was about?

2012 War fall out 2012 meaning our time the real world not some fantasy game where you cast spells and such.
    With this being said...... Your input is welcomed but plz read the game before you start asking for old mmo game stuff to be added to this one. Religion should be no different than our real life. It can cause wars between people or in this case tribes. We have many religions in the world today. Now mabe being in a religion that the tribe worships might be better as a buffer like catholic would give more luck when scavaging or budda whould give animals less likly to attk you in 2's or 3's stuff like that might be more on the lines of Xyson and its mind set not mana spells and such from fantasy games. Yes Xyson is a game but it's not set in a fantasy it's story is based on us and a nuclear war apoc...... Hope this clears up this post.