Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by willbonney View Post
    I know what adrenaline is.....

But, as I have stated a couple of times now, once in this post, once in another, when you run out of stamina currently in game, your camera then becomes fixed on the X-axis. You cannot rotate it left and right, just up and down.

My suggestion is to have sleep/rest work the same way, because you should be more "vulnerable" while resting, even more so while sleeping, then if you were actively doing something.

It does not mean you go into "First Person." You don't go into First Person when you run out of stamina. You stay in third, but unable to move the camera left and right.
    When you run out of stamina your camera becomes fixed for like 3-4 seconds. It cannot be compared to sitting which lasts for minutes.

I think that limiting field of view while resting in an open PVP world is too much.
    Slownig down getting up is even worse. We'll probably have a problem with massive PK'ing anyway.
    Why should we give PKers chance to kill us without a chance for defence or running away.

It's doesn't have to be that realistic it is just a game.

Our avatars should be still though while we look around

Sure, it doesn't have to be realistic, but why not if it can be? There's already penalties and advantages to pk'ing. I'm perfectly fine with it because it is a part of the game. As is hiding and "sneaking" up on an enemy.

However, if you want a more "realistic" suggestion, instead of how it is now with "sit and spin" while you are sitting/resting/performing an action, how about cut it down to 180degrees. Yes, I added another in there, because it is unrealistic to be able to "look behind" you, while performing any of these actions.

Again, not "First Person," more like limited 3rd person when performing actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    When you run out of stamina your camera becomes fixed for like 3-4 seconds. It cannot be compared to sitting which lasts for minutes.
    Um, why? You choose to sit or sleep, you also choose to allow your stamina to reach 0. You don't have to sit or sleep to regain stamina, you could just stand there.

With sitting/sleep, at least you get to choose when to end it.

Quote Originally Posted by willbonney View Post
    Um, why? You choose to sit or sleep, you also choose to allow your stamina to reach 0. You don't have to sit or sleep to regain stamina, you could just stand there.

With sitting/sleep, at least you get to choose when to end it.
    Because bearing with a fixed camera for 3 seconds is absolutely different than bearing with it for 5-10 minutes. Really, you should get over this...Xsyon is a game, its supposed to be fun, and sitting and staring to the same point for minutes isn't fun at all. Plus Xsyon doesn't favor PKers, its not in the developers' intention to make PKing easier. If you are a PKer why would you like to shoot on a sitting duck, where is the challenge in that.

Willboney if you don't want to look around there is a simple solution don't do it. Making pk'ing easier will only decrease player base.
    Besides I can easily look behind me while sitting I just need to turn my head and twist my body a little.

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    Besides I can easily look behind me while sitting I just need to turn my head and twist my body a little.
    I agree, but it is not the ability to look around.
    It is the view from high above and the instant "jump up and run" imho.
    Resting in the wilderness should be at least a bit of a risk...

The risk is with the person trying to sneak up on the one that is resting, I have not tryed this, But I would think that you can be in free camera mode. So the risk is on the attacker. Does the person resting have it set on free camera mode and see me sneaking up on them?

I like the way it's set up right now, Don't change a thing.