Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sleep/Sit (rest) needs a bit of fixing.

Currently, when you sit (v) or sleep (b) for resting, you can rotate your character in a 360 degree rotation and look all around you. This isn't very practical, as normally when you sit, you have about 180 degree, maybe a little less, field of view. Having the 360 allows you to constantly be looking around you, and a "sneak" won't be able to creep up on someone sitting or sleeping, when they are supposed to be at their most vulnerable.

I would suggest not allowing camera rotation at all when sitting, and a "dimmed" view when sleeping i.e. the screen goes much darker, maybe not fully black, but definitely darker, when sleeping.

Think we already had a discussion about sneaking...

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Hiding is highly dependant on the other player's perception. In general a player should only go partially invisible. This should allow a player to blend in better in the dark or when wearing armor that matches the surroundings.

The reason hiding makes you less visible is because this is a 3rd person game. We can't rely on the player being in 1st person view. I don't plan to ever make Xsyon an exclusively 1st person view game.

It's not "exclusively 1st person view" by taking away a persons ability to spin the camera....

I mean come on, just seeing the guy sit and spin grates on my nerves, cuz it looks like I'm on my top spinning away.

You don't need the "game in first person" to prevent camera rotation when you are sitting or laying down.

Upon playing, have found "being exhausted," as in, using up all of your energy so that your character starts "huffing and puffing" prevents you from being able to turn the camera. In my opinion, resting and sleeping should do the same thing.

I don't agree, resting (as in sitting) is boring enough, not being able to at least look around meanwhile would make it even worse. Sitting on the ground staring at one direction for minutes is everything but fun. The sitting character spinning around do look silly, so I guess we should only be able to move the camera around, not the character.

Also, another Tweek to rest/sleep. Need to make it so you cannot do either while in water. As it works right now, if you "sleep" in water, you will submerge underneath and be "invisible" to any others around.

Being able to look around is the only thing that makes resting bearable in any game.

I will suggest that when resting you should not be able to immediatly stand back up. When you move or cancel the resting action it should start an animation that locks you in place for about 1-2 seconds while your character stands up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimps View Post
    I will suggest that when resting you should not be able to immediatly stand back up. When you move or cancel the resting action it should start an animation that locks you in place for about 1-2 seconds while your character stands up.
    I like this idea, because having an 3rd person overview from high above PLUS being able to jump up and run at any time is absolutely not realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Abida View Post
    I like this idea, because having an 3rd person overview from high above PLUS being able to jump up and run at any time is absolutely not realistic.
    Neither is being frozen in time, just because your not standing on your feet doesn't mean you can't move... If a zombie or somethin were to awaken me in my sleep, I assure you I would find some way to get some movement goin on,IE: Roll, crawl up to my feet, not just stand up... Even if I were to stand straight up from a dead sleep, it wouldn't take me no 2 seconds to do so.... You'd have to be pretty well outta shape to take that long to stand up, ESPECIALLY from sitting the way you do in game.

The whole 3rd person conflict that you two are having... Well, it's not a strictly FP game... If you want to limit your view to FP while sleep/sit , then the whole game needs to be based off of FP view, which wont happen...

Maybe at some point they can implement a 2 second freeze for players who choose to roll an over-weight character, and give the ones that choose an in shape, high str char NORMAL reaction time to standing up, that way those who love the idea of being frozen, can so choose to do so...

I suggest anyone who agrees with the above posts to research what Adrenaline is.

I know what adrenaline is.....

But, as I have stated a couple of times now, once in this post, once in another, when you run out of stamina currently in game, your camera then becomes fixed on the X-axis. You cannot rotate it left and right, just up and down.

My suggestion is to have sleep/rest work the same way, because you should be more "vulnerable" while resting, even more so while sleeping, then if you were actively doing something.

It does not mean you go into "First Person." You don't go into First Person when you run out of stamina. You stay in third, but unable to move the camera left and right.