Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I try to answer some of your questions.
    Am removing the body of your post for asthetic reasons.

Hmm, from what I read here, you are saying that the Dev's have made it so that Solo Tribes will be able to build in Live? That kind of contradicts what they said in the Features, as read:

Players become registered members of a tribe. 10 players or more must come together to form a town.
    As towns increase in membership, they can claim more land and gain town abilities.
    That to me says a Solo player can create a tribe, sure, but before anything can be built, or a Tribe Totem be placed, it must have 10 members. Now, I know things in Beta allow the solo builder to build and place anything, in a small zone. I had assumed the 1 man zone to be the same size as the 10 man, as that was the "smallest" it got. I had also assumed for live, it would then remove the ability for the 1 man Tribe, to build/place Totem.

So, I personally would wish for some clarification here from a true employee. Will Solo Players be able to "claim land" and "build structures" on that land?

Nice thats what I was wantting to know. And it explains alot more detail. Any way you'll can add this to the fac's sheet so pre-ordering people and new comers who are interested can see this type of info before deciding to play xyson?
    I think this will also help cut down griefing and alot of over flowing GM complaints.
    One more question or more less clearifing what you just said so a good can attack evil/neutral? Neutral can attack both? Evil can attack all 3 good evil and neutral? Or will it be Evil against good and neutral on side lines? or is it free for all? Just want to understand where Neutral is coming in on this besides evil vers good.

@willbonney:
    This is from the official announcement thread "Xsyon Updates", posted on 31th of December by Xsyon:

I've revised the Feature list slightly based on changes that have been made over the past year in the design of the game and to remove a few things that will be featured later as the game evolves.

Features that have been revised:

- Dyeing has been replaced by colored found materials for now.
    - Discarded objects build lists to respawn scrap piles rather than save the actual discarded items.
    - Quartermaster and tribe roles have been replaced by a custom rank system.
    - Auctions replaced by a direct trade totem feature.
    - The quest system will be simplified with additional quest types added later.
    - Individual storage will be used in place of a bank account totem.

Features that have been improved or added:

- Custom rank system.
    - Town information panel.
    - Towns as starting locations (if so desired).
    - Construction system consisting of parts.
    - Bonuses for wearing tribal colors.
    - Creation of single player tribes.
    There were a lot of requests from players to allow solo players to build and create their own camp and not to force them into a tribe so thats why they added this feature.

@lp0okmnji9:
    This is an old but still very informative thread about PK, looting, alignment system, i hope it will answer your questions:
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-and-Decisions

And I agree, Features page and the FAQ needs to be updated.

Hmm, hadn't heard about this change. I had read some of the folks requesting "solo building" but wasn't aware it had gone through, and things got changed. I had just figured it was allowed at the moment because we were in Beta. Hmm, guess time to rethink a few things.

I feel the need to comment of the griefing status in the game. Currently, players do not respawn at their totems. They are supposed to, however, the code that is supposed to make them do this is not functioning properly. This means when people die, they can actually meet up with each others ghosts and run around in gank squads. So, basically, you can have five people respawn on you instantly around a minute (ish) after you put them down.

In my opinion, one man tribes are more of a griefing mechanic than a feature. It's begging for people to troll other tribes. Once again, in the future, this may not be much of a problem, but right now it is. If someone wants to troll you, they can just put their totem over nearby resources and make them completely worthless to you. For example, say you see a scrap pile, but you don't want your totem on top of it so you can have more open land to build on. So you put your totem in the field beside it. Then another tribe decides to troll you by putting their totem in the middle of a scrap pile and terraforms the entire thing. Now the resource hub that used to be a scrap pile generating thousands of materials an hour is a virtual desert.

Both of these have been testing thoroughly by my guild and we have confirmed and bug reported all of them. Assuming this is fixed by the next patch, this still doesn't prevent tribes from setting up right near your land and trolling you in some way, shape or form. Like the other guy here said, the solo tribes at release likely will be a stepping stone for larger tribes. They won't be able to have dominance over a resource hub, as they will just get their ass beat out of one, assuming they get to one.

My suggestion would be to eliminate one man tribes, until such a time where they can be put in the game in a state where they do not act as a griefing mechanic, rather than a useful feature.

I agree with a lot of what Gamefreak says here. I personally don't want to see a bunch of one man tribes controlling territory. Sure, they miss out on being able to build and "claim" stuff, but in my opinion, one man shouldn't be able to. It's nice in beta, cuz well, stuff has to be tested with a small population.

Let them form a tribe, but do not let them place a tribe totem. Maybe once a tribe is 5 players (instead of the original 10) they could have the ability to place a totem and start building/claiming.

A tribe can always troll another tribe, it doesn't depend on their member count. A 5 men tribe can grief another tribe much more than a single player tribe, so thats not a reason to remove single player tribes. If a player does nothing but annoys others than its considered as griefing and can be reported to the GMs who will take care of the issue.

This whole conversation is kind of funny, and gives a great example how hard it is to develop a game. Earlier when solo players weren't able to claim land there were a lot of complaints about it...now that it is possible others start to complain. I feel sorry for the developers

I think more options are always good. The game needs players, we need the tribe players and solo players as well, and the more options the game can provide the wider playerbase it can attract.

Five one person tribes can grief another tribe much more than a one five person tribe. This is simply because the game mechanics allow it. With five one person tribes, you could completely surround someones tribal lands and cut them off to just about any resource hub. You could also make 90% of the area around their tribe land a dead zone for them, because you can't attack anyone in another persons tribal lands, however, they can attack you. This means if you run out of your tribal lands for more than 30-45 seconds, your a dead man.

This is fact for fact, and it is in the game mechanics to accomplish right now. We have seen it done to DHoV, we know it can be done, and to deny it is to be ignorant.

Trust me, it's been tested, several one man tribes have significantly much more greifing power than a single five man tribe. Unless you have any facts or proof to support your reason for stating otherwise, what you have said is not legitimate. I'm not saying this to be an antagonist, I want the game to improve, and offering an opinion with no facts to back it up jeopardizes the chance of this being fixed.

Again finding myself agreeing with Gamefreak. When "tribal" wars, which are more then likely to happen at some point, gets launched, well, you'll end up with the one "main" tribe in game, and then 6-8 "scout" companies that will claim land surrounding the target tribe's area as Gamefreak has mentioned. This will then cause the target tribe to have to go through these "scout" companies claimed lands to get to resources. The scout tribe then relays the information "so and so moving through these lands" and 10 minutes later that attacking tribe jumps them.
    Also, if any of the surrounded tribe actually gathers materials inside one of the scout company's claimed lands, a message will be sent, and that gatherer will be flagged to kill.

Seems like a lot of work eh? It's not really for people who have experience in full loot PvP games. Gamers will sit for hours, just standing there, waiting for a target to kill. This technique is used all over, cut off the "enemy" from resources, scout the enemy, kill the enemy.

So, the question is should this be allowed? Have 5 members of one tribe leave and surround a target, and then be used as scouts to harass that tribe? Personally, I hope not.

@Gamefreak: Again, if solo player tribes surround another tribe to grief them then it should be reported to GMs who will take care of the issue. Griefing can't be totally avoided by coded mechanisms in a game with territory control. What if a 100 members tribe is griefed by 10 tribes who has 10 members each...we get back to the original problem, its not about the solo tribes, its about the fact that we can control areas.

About your other concern that you can be attacked in a tribe territory and you can't fight back...if you do get attacked without provocation then the attacker will become evil and his area won't be a safe zone anymore so you can defend yourself.

@willbonney: if someone want to scout on a tribe he doesn't have to create a single person tribe at all. He just has to sit there for hours and watch that tribe's activity. That has nothing to do with single player tribes.

Since this feature has been added because a lot of player requested it I doubt it would be removed again. So it would be better to suggest constructive ideas to make it work better. What about a bigger distance between 2 tribes ?