Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    To prevent problems with single player tribes I would suggest - having the single player homesteads (whatever you want to call it) require an alliance with a tribe - and be located within the vicinity of it - this eliminates the chances of people just popping up tribes/ homesteads all over the place. The only issue I see with this is the future growth problem but I'm sure if its planned properly this would work better.
    I just want to say, the whole alliance thing needed for having a solo tribe, really really puts me off, any serious soloers aren't going to want to be around those other large tribes, or at least not seen... I think a big problem right now is that too many people are seeing how many solo tribes there are right now and thinking that it's going to look the same after prelude.
    80% of the solo tribes did it so they could terraform on their own terms and learn the ropes of it, rather then being stuck with some mundane task in a large tribe that they will not receive any experience from
    10% of the solo tribes will probably end up joining a larger tribe anyways because they get bored or die a lot because they live too close to other tribes
    The last 10% of the solo tribes will survive very well and will hardly ever be seen unless they gotta make a trade to an established tribe.

One issue I see is solo tribes ending up quitting alltogether with their totem set in place in an area that an active person/tribe would like to build at. There needs to be a time in which a totem will auto poof after a certain amount of time of inactivity, even if this means the players need to go to a guide to see about having it investigated

Meziahn, its really easy to solve, if a tribe has no more members with active subscription then the tribe totem disappears. No need for guides action.

Some one on mmorpg.com ased question that fits this topic. What will happen when someone leaves container on the ground with private permission set and someone else wants to place totem in a place where this container would be on tribal ground? Can he place a totem? If he can what will happen with the container?

Any ideas? Did someone tried something like that? Lots of questions, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    Lpook: I think thats old information about the homesteads. That was the plan before single player tribes were put in. I could be wrong, Homesteads could still be on the to do list, only Jooky could verify this.

Single player tribes should stay, but the area designated should be very small. As I typed in the other thread... "Im still of the thought that totems should not reserve any of the unused land. By that I mean, your tribe land is as big as the number of members you have allows, and nothing more to it. If there are two tribes close to each other, and they can no longer expand because of each other, then diplomacy, or failing that, war should be the way its done. Doing it this way will add another meaning to PvP, and lets face it, the more reasons we have for PvP, the better PvP will be." By doing it this way, the single player tribe would have such a small allocation of land, it would have no impact on larger tribes/towns. I would like to see the "safe zones" turned off to support this too, but then, Ive never been a fan of the "safe tribal area" idea.

I also have never been a fan of the "no building outside tribe areas". I would like to see the entire world buildable. People who decide to build in unsafe areas, do so at their own risk, which yes, is a risk, but I know many people that would like to this, and most likely wont play the game if not able to. Simply, knocking down a house should require a lot of work, if you are trying to knock it down with hostility, perhaps 5-10 times the amount of time/work that went into building it should be required. For those players that quit, the house will decay over time, and fall down with no maintenance, to tidy up the landscape. Basically though, people find it appealing to rough it on their own in the bush, in a little shack, hidden among the trees. Any single player thats not into tribes, but very into hunting, would kill for a game that would allow this. I say, make it the players choice, and allow it via mechanics.
    I am having concerns over the 1 man tribe issue too. It seems that all tribes I see are 1 man and there is a bit of crowding near any resources.

I don't know exactly what I want to see happen and I recognize that this is a tough issue, but it's also important. It's one way where game mechanics can really interfere in what is otherwise a very immersive game setting. If your playerbase is drawn towards a realistic struggle for survival, intrusive game mechanics are especially destructive.

I bolded the parts of the quoted post that stuck out as things I agree with most.