Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Building My Keep

Here is day one of me building my new Castle.

I got the ramparts up on one wall, and a good start on the moat I plan for the future(however long or short that is). I haven't gotten any of the walls actually made yet, just placed. Need to be able to move them around a bit. Once live hits, I plan on trying a 3 tiered set of walls, with a platform in front of the 3rd floor walls to walk around.

Just getting the rest of the rampart made is gonna take another couple of days, and then I'll start on wall work.
    Am doing all this by myself at the moment, but if there's any volunteers to give me a hand here, I'm more then willing to supply tools. Finally, if you'd like to see it, I"m in zone 856 at 900/500.

I'll keep building though, and report what I have each day here. Enjoy all:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hmm, still awaiting attachment approval, if they're not up by tomorrow, will load them on filefront and repost

Day 2 of building my keep.

Got my first recruit today, so I've got some help in building this thing. Actually completed 2 of the limestone walls. Welcome Valknot to the Regulators.
    Still taking on any volunteers or interested Tribe Members 8).

Here we go, bottom one is a picture of my "quarry" a.k.a. dirt hole.

Apologies for being late on these, here's Day 3. Also, since some people are wondering, there is no "4th" wall, but no, that doesn't mean it's not complete. You can terraform the edges of rivers/lakes in order to form a natural wall, that you can't climb up. This will give me the ability to have water in my Keep. Cool eh? Never leave your home to fish, drink water, bathe (hmm, wait a sec).

Here's Day 4 for everyone interested. Have the "front" Walls up for hte keep. We'll make the "entrance" a bit more snazzy, and dress up the bottom of the "foundation" for live, with smaller wood palisades, or more brick walls or something. Figure out something nice. Have columns and "Posts" for the entrace way, probably dig down a bit so we can have "stairs" leading up to the castle. The bottom is the view from the top of one of the towers, looking down into the keep. Well, enjoy all.

Day, what is this now? Oh yeah, Day 5 now, wow.
    Well, didn't do a whole terrible lot today. Just did some placement of some "ghost" structures in front. For those that have not played or just odn't know, the structures you build are 'transparent' until you add resources to them and hit "built" with the right tools. Was doing other stuff today, so didn't get much done, but at least it's something. The "fenced" in area here in front is the plan for the "marketplace" and shops. Enjoy!!!

With a pending FULL wipe announced for Wednesday, February 2nd, I am postponing more work to get things for my tribe ironed out, as well as "playing" with stuff, and more personal testing. Apologies for not continuing, I got a lot of messages looking forward to a "finished" product, but it can't be helped.

Keep your eye out though, going to "begin" work on the "finished" keep after this wipe (even though there will be at least one more), so that I can sure of having it all together and ready to go.

Thanks all for coming and seeing what I've done, and I hope I've shared some ideas, and I look forward to seeing other's designs in game.

you're not allowed to be having this much fun :P

Nice Fort there!

but isn't it a bit open for the Archers to attack you from above?