Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    So is there a softcap for all skillpoints or is there a softcap for each skillgroup?

I hope skill/stat decay will be based on play time and not actual time. I would hate to take a vacation for a week and come back to find half of my skills/stats have decayed.

I think decay work only for play time and it should work that way.

For softcap you have to ask Jooky couse I'm not sure how it realy works.

Im pretty sure I read that there is a softcap for each group. One for combat skills, one for gathering skills, and one for crafting skills.

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    Spending skill points from leveling will be less relevant than skill gain form using skills(I guess). With softcap where it's harder to get next point with every point gain limiting to one pool with 3 skill groups is forcing classes into classless sytem. As I said someone how devotes themself to carfting won't be as good at fighting as hunter/bountyhunter or smothing like that. There's plenty of skills in these 3 gropus to focus on, no need to limit people to one skill/skill group.
    There will be an investment number whether you see it or not. That's how a soft cap has to work. It needs to know when to slow down.

I didn't say anything about choosing from different pools. Hence, why I said all skills should be in the same pool. That way, you can make your own "class" and also have tradeoffs. If the skills are divided into separate combat and crafting pools, everyone will be an elite combatant and elite crafter. The overall metagame loses a lot if that is the case.

I tend to agree that all skills should be in the one pool. As JCatano says, otherwise everyone will be a master combatant, and a master crafter. I dont mind if skills like running, jumping, swimming arent included in the cap, basic skills like these should be exempt.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    I tend to agree that all skills should be in the one pool. As JCatano says, otherwise everyone will be a master combatant, and a master crafter. I dont mind if skills like running, jumping, swimming arent included in the cap, basic skills like these should be exempt.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    Yes, i agree with that.

Perhaps Virtus or Xsyon could give us a statement, if the skills are all in one pool or not.

Well I want to hunt mutants for fun and craft for living, one pool is seriously limiting my character growth. I don't see fighter, crafter as separete professions,

I see pikeman, axeman, archer, toolsmith, weaponsmith, architect as separate professions and I REALLY want to be bow hunting architect that's why I chose classless skill based system.
    I guess it can be one with one pool if you can master two skills and be proficient with supporting skills like masonry, hiding, doge, parry. I just don't like seperating fighting from crafting.