Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pvp question

that helped a lot thanks.

i guess i will try the game soon after my exams.
    just hope the price doesnt go from 29 to 50 for release :P

Esudar i think it is not for you. PVP is possible but VERY basic. Atm the main feature is world building and ressource gathering. This is from my 1 day experience, you can PVP but the combat system from DF is BY far better, Xyson is getting a overhaul later i heard in terms of PVP. Also the wordl in Xsyon is a big sandbox and everything is player created which simply means at the beginning it is very empty and not so filled with cover and hidiing places as the handcrafted world of DF has.

But the potential is huge and what we have now in game works really good what i can say from my 8h gaming session, mportant is also not to start alone and some who explains you the basics helps ALOT

i like the crafting and building stuff very much aswell
    especially with my pandora scrubs
    doesnt have to be hardcore pvp focused

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    Esudar i think it is not for you. PVP is possible but VERY basic. Atm the main feature is world building and ressource gathering. This is from my 1 day experience, you can PVP but the combat system from DF is BY far better, Xyson is getting a overhaul later i heard in terms of PVP. Also the wordl in Xsyon is a big sandbox and everything is player created which simply means at the beginning it is very empty and not so filled with cover and hidiing places as the handcrafted world of DF has.

But the potential is huge and what we have now in game works really good what i can say from my 8h gaming session, mportant is also not to start alone and some who explains you the basics helps ALOT
    Hi Niburu, can you broaden out on that a little? I pre-ordered Xsyon a year ago during a spell of weariness with DFO, I got the love back though and havent been in Xsyon at all lately, reinstalling today for a look but some info from other folk around combat would be useful. I'm not a big pvper but the physics of DF are just beautiful in areas like archery - how does Xsyon compare? I have no interest in building at all which worries me, but do like crafting - is there enough pve/p & crafting to keep a body happy? Also, any idea what these terrible penalties for killing "Good" people are?

there is nothing good about the pvp mate.
    its just a question wether you can stand it and hope for a patch or not.

Quote Originally Posted by esudar View Post
    there is nothing good about the pvp mate.
    its just a question wether you can stand it and hope for a patch or not.
    Thats how it was last time I looked - I can live with waiting for the PvP to get better, but is the PvE any good? The PvE is a big part of what's kept me playing DF really because the AI and physics are so good. If neither are good I'm not sure there'll be much for me to do apart from craft.

At the moment the PvP content is the same as UO. You hunt and kill for loot.