Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pvp question

pvp question

Will there be wars and such in this game? I need more then just crafting and building.

Its a FFA pvp with full loot, and yes there will be tribe wars and such things

Quote Originally Posted by overhated696 View Post
    Its a FFA pvp with full loot, and yes there will be tribe wars and such things
    Well that is not completely true. Yes, it can be a Free For All, but it is more like along the lines of Good Vs Evil.
    As for full loot, that depends on your alignment.
    On the subject of tribe wars, that will begin after prelude.

I think youll find that the tribal war system will be in for launch, as Jooky has said. He also said that tribes will most likely be able to mark themselves as a "warring tribe" in Prelude, if they dont want to be a part of the tribal area safe zones. Also, tribal areas will only be safe zones for the first few months of Prelude, after that, it will indeed be FFA PvP.

Oops i was thinking of not being able to take attack into a tribal zone, and typed another thing.

hi, ive been following this game for a while but today i watched all the youtube tutuorials and it REALLY made me want to play and got me hyped.
    the problem tho is that i know the awesome terraforming, crafting, buidling base and stuff will get boring sooner or later.

i need pvp in this game and i read that they want to copy m&b combat what would just make the most epic game ever (if they actually succeed, have some concerns there).

what about safe zones, will this game ever appeal to the pvp crowd aswell? will pvp become a strong point for the devs?
    will i be able to start pvp trips/raids from my tribeland (after building it up, buidlind defenses and crafting) to the neighbours, kill and loot some and return home or will this be made carebear with safe zones and stuff?

can this game satisfy a darkfall player after the combat/pvp overhaul?

i know u cant answer everything, just try it.
    thanks

If you mean with DF overhaul a go out and kill non stop, well if you catch up ppl outside their tribe zones ofc you can kill them, but you will go evil fast, with its own problems. You can find pvp i guess, but moving from sectors its a tedious thing like to go everyday 10km far to kill som guilds you like to kill, so no, wont be like DF. But there will be pvp if you want to.

Mucho more after the prelude, where safe zones will be deleted.

Combat system looks good, though could use some tweaks. There will be no safe zones after prelude, but PK'ing isn't encouraged and has some consequences(I think only
    PKers/evil players can be fully looted at least for now).

From what I've heard about Darkfall I hope this game will never satisfy a Darkfall player.

Quote Originally Posted by esudar View Post
    hi, ive been following this game for a while but today i watched all the youtube tutuorials and it REALLY made me want to play and got me hyped.
    the problem tho is that i know the awesome terraforming, crafting, buidling base and stuff will get boring sooner or later.

i need pvp in this game and i read that they want to copy m&b combat what would just make the most epic game ever (if they actually succeed, have some concerns there).

what about safe zones, will this game ever appeal to the pvp crowd aswell? will pvp become a strong point for the devs?
    will i be able to start pvp trips/raids from my tribeland (after building it up, buidlind defenses and crafting) to the neighbours, kill and loot some and return home or will this be made carebear with safe zones and stuff?

can this game satisfy a darkfall player after the combat/pvp overhaul?

i know u cant answer everything, just try it.
    thanks
    Hi, esudar, I try to answer some of your questions. At first let me tell you that I'm definitely a carebear type, so you may need an answer from someone more of a PvP player

The areas of neutral and good tribes are safe zones during Prelude, which will last for like 6-9 months. The devs declared many times that this game is not focused on PvP and will never be a Darkfall-type game.

Having said that I still think that you can find your own fun in the game. It has open PvP outside of tribe areas, and evil tribe areas aren't safe. So if you like to PvP, you have minimum 2 good choices:

1. Choose to be good/neutral, who devoted himself to hunt down evil players. This way you can raid evil tribe areas anytime, loot them and get back home, without penalty.

2. Choose to be evil. This way you can raid other evil tribes, you can attack and full loot good/neutral players outside of their zone ( but get ready to get severe penalty for that). Don't forget that your own tribe area won't be safe, anyone can try to kill you there. If you choose to be evil you will become the monster of the world, players will hunt you. But I guess this is the kind of excitement you are looking for

The developers' goal is to create a game which can provide fun for every type of players. That's the goal of the alignment system, the ones who prefer to play safer will choose good, ones who want to be a PKer will choose evil.

Hope this helps

there is no nonstop killing in darkfall.
    you have to plan where to go and what to do.
    its thrilling and good fights are rather rare.

thats what i hope to find in xsyon.
    not really walking 2 hours for a mindless button clickfest