View Poll Results: What Video Tutorials Would you like to see?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Combat

19 22.62%
  • Crafting

16 19.05%
  • Tribe Features Explanation

17 20.24%
  • Leveling System

25 29.76%
  • How to Survive with no Tribe

33 39.29%
  • Gathering

14 16.67%
  • What makes a good Village/Town Tutorial

34 40.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen

Tutorial requests!

Hey Community,
    I have a few Tutorials in the works but im really interested to see if there is a demmand for any specific Tutorials.
    I'm really trying to help as best as I can and figured the best place to ask about what tutorials you guys want, is simply to ask you.

So either reply to this post, or take a vote on the poll.

Thanks

I think a bit of everything would make most ppl figure out how the game works, you should keep doing as you did for now, you're making a great job and ppl looks interested on it.

I picked Tribe Features Explanation, As I think this will help show off some of the cool things ingame. Also, How about making a This is Xsyon video. Showing what little pvp we have, The building of road terraforming, buildings(hut, shed, ...), Show what the day to day life will be like(fishing, hunting, being hunted, ...). Nothing big, Just a minute or two. I ask this of you, Because you are the only one that seems to want to deal with the filming and editing. When I get back to playing on a gaming rig, I will help with video's, But my laptop just makes the game look bad.

Thanks for what you are doing now, Keep it up.
    -Alik Steel

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by aliksteel View Post
    I picked Tribe Features Explanation, As I think this will help show off some of the cool things ingame. Also, How about making a This is Xsyon video. Showing what little pvp we have, The building of road terraforming, buildings(hut, shed, ...), Show what the day to day life will be like(fishing, hunting, being hunted, ...). Nothing big, Just a minute or two. I ask this of you, Because you are the only one that seems to want to deal with the filming and editing. When I get back to playing on a gaming rig, I will help with video's, But my laptop just makes the game look bad.

Thanks for what you are doing now, Keep it up.
    -Alik Steel
    Yes, one of the projects im working on will be that of a Feature Video, however... it may take sometime to do it.
    But It is one of my priorities and I am aiming for the Feature Video to be out before the 14th.

Xsyon Citizen
    You asked for - The Tribe Features Tutorial and you got it!

Take a look here - http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ing-Tutorials!

Or

Take a look here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGwLRaeHdeY

thanks Peeps, more Tutorials to come.

Good one, keem them coming.

First - Thanks for the great videos!

I would like to see something on inventory.

I am brand new and started this game yesterday. I found that the inventory was my biggest problem. I created a 'grass pack' but then couldn't carry it around with me for storage. So I plopped it down and filled it up with (in my case) cloth. I happened to be close to a salvage heap and after collecting cloth I Sorted and got a LOT of Different types of 'cloth'. My bag filled up in no time.

Now I was stuck with no space to collect any other items or way to continue without deleting some of the items.

I feel that a lot of new players may encounter this same problem and maybe a video on creating Storage would be helpful.

Thanks again for the super videos and help they offer!!

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by mappam View Post
    First - Thanks for the great videos!

I would like to see something on inventory.

I am brand new and started this game yesterday. I found that the inventory was my biggest problem. I created a 'grass pack' but then couldn't carry it around with me for storage. So I plopped it down and filled it up with (in my case) cloth. I happened to be close to a salvage heap and after collecting cloth I Sorted and got a LOT of Different types of 'cloth'. My bag filled up in no time.

Now I was stuck with no space to collect any other items or way to continue without deleting some of the items.

I feel that a lot of new players may encounter this same problem and maybe a video on creating Storage would be helpful.

Thanks again for the super videos and help they offer!!
    First of all, thanks for you're kind words.
    Secondly the Basketry Tutorial should show you roughly how to make the different bin/bags/puches you will need.

However during the game at the moment the only way to store items is inside these bins/bags/pouches, and at the moment we are creating alot of them to store the things we want.

Bins and large inventory containers require to be used on the floor, or placed on you're back, puches and bags can also be placed on the ground, but you can also put these in you're PACKS action bar, in the smaller bag sections.

Is that what you ment?
    If not then i can probably create a very quick tutorial for you tonight when i get home from work.

Be specific with what you want to see, and ill try my best to cater! :P

Thanks

Maybe you could make a tutorial about skills in general, skill/stat progresion/decay and leveling, couse it might be confusing to new players.

There's not much info on this subject and it might help at character creation (I had to reroll my first char).

Thanks for the reply SaintBob - You did answer my question.

I would love to see a new logging video - the night is very dark and hard to see - PITA I know to re-do something.

Thanks again for your help to the community - big help to us "newbies"!