Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @ Gamefreak:
    I think we don't mean the same thing when we say ganking. Ganking for me means when a group of players kill a solo one, and they do that regularly. Tribal warfare is a totally different question.

And how can we avoid ganking in an open PvP game ? Just as it is implemented in Xsyon, where with a proper build and running skill I can runaway from attacks if I'm not overweighted. And I have no problem with looting...if a PKer can catch me out there and can kill me, yes he can have my grass armor. Or my pretty skirt. Lol. Seriously, I haven't seen any gear in the game yet that I would be worried to lose. When I'm out of tribe zone I only wear gear for fashion purpose, stuffs I can craft again in 5 minutes. Actually I don't even see any real reason for PKing right now, the gain isn't worth the risk and the penalty. Actually I hope it will change, a game needs valuable stuffs.

You asked about a tribal warfare without ganking. Imagine a warfare system based on mutual agreement. There you go. Perhaps there will be ganking in it, but with players who agreed to be ganked. I'm not saying it will be like that in Xsyon, only saying that its possible. Or a warfare system where every tribe who want to attack others have to flag itself for warfare, and this way can be attacked by any other tribes. So tribes who want to attack another tribe have to make themselves vulnerable. Actually it works like flagged PvP, not with single players but tribes.

I know tribal warfare will be implemented. But its conditions wasn't announced. I think Jordi hasn't made up his mind yet thats why he doesn't tell.

I'm going to go ahead and skip ahead about 2 pages. I feel it's fine since most of you seem to have never read the Features page.

http://www.xsyon.com/features

There it is by the way, check it out it'll answer most of your concerns/questions.

Also most of this has been talked about in previous threads, use the search function instead of opening another thread next time.

I've read features some time ago and liked it. But seriously I have to agree every single thread seems to go the same way as the previous one.

"1. Ganking
    It is a word commonly used in online video games, usualy used in an MMORPG. Ganking is the process in which a group of charecters gang up on one or more players that do not have a chance to defend themselves, Or when one high level player does the same action to a player way below his or her own level."

As for PvP zones, all I can say is... BOOOOOO!!!!

I have one suggestion for those that dont want to be ganked, watch your back and stay sharp, cos it is inevitable, it will happen. I also have a suggestion for those that want safe places to chill out, build your defenses well, cos once the safe zones are dropped a few months in, youll want some big walls around you.

Ok, so i can see some people are getting my thread a bit confused. Im all for open pvp. If i am in my own territory, somebody elses or in open lands i agree that there should be open pvp whether i am a solo tribe or whatever else. What i am talking about is................

as a solo player if i build a pile of stuff i cannot defend it from being taken away if there is full, open ended totem conquest. I would like to see the game mechanics take this into account and in some way make provisions for me to build solo without losing everything every time a tribe of 2 players take on my one person territory.

I am not talking about pvp no-go zones. I am talking about not being able to conquer the meagre territory of a solo player. That in itself is just lame imho and will exclude me from this game. If i feel that way, then there will be a whole pile of people that will feel the same - it is just basic mathematics.

If i decide to go solo, that is my choice, and my territory should be open to attack, just like everyone elses. But is it really going to hurt the game if solo players are able to own a small territory and not lose it to tribal warfare?

If you want any game to succeed it should cater to ALL playstyles. So i am wanting this game to cater to solo players in the understanding that solo gameplay will need a different set of rules to tribal gameplay.

If everyone wants one set of rules for all, then it probably means im out of here for good.

This is not a carebear attitude. It is an attitude that relates to the fact that i will not be a hardcore player. I have a very hectic worklife. I would be playing the game less than 8hrs a week, but i would be paying the same amount of money as everyone else - therefore i would want something for my money.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwooj View Post
    Ok, so i can see some people are getting my thread a bit confused. Im all for open pvp. If i am in my own territory, somebody elses or in open lands i agree that there should be open pvp whether i am a solo tribe or whatever else. What i am talking about is................

as a solo player if i build a pile of stuff i cannot defend it from being taken away if there is full, open ended totem conquest. I would like to see the game mechanics take this into account and in some way make provisions for me to build solo without losing everything every time a tribe of 2 players take on my one person territory.

I am not talking about pvp no-go zones. I am talking about not being able to conquer the meagre territory of a solo player. That in itself is just lame imho and will exclude me from this game. If i feel that way, then there will be a whole pile of people that will feel the same - it is just basic mathematics.

If i decide to go solo, that is my choice, and my territory should be open to attack, just like everyone elses. But is it really going to hurt the game if solo players are able to own a small territory and not lose it to tribal warfare?

If you want any game to succeed it should cater to ALL playstyles. So i am wanting this game to cater to solo players in the understanding that solo gameplay will need a different set of rules to tribal gameplay.

If everyone wants one set of rules for all, then it probably means im out of here for good.

This is not a carebear attitude. It is an attitude that relates to the fact that i will not be a hardcore player. I have a very hectic worklife. I would be playing the game less than 8hrs a week, but i would be paying the same amount of money as everyone else - therefore i would want something for my money.
    Well said Mrwooj, I feel exactly the same, as I also have a fulltime job and a family. I am also just asking for a way for a solo payer to have a comfortable stay in the game.

-------------
    Montezuma

Quote Originally Posted by mrwooj View Post

I understand where you are coming from but you're not understanding the implications of what you're asking for. If solo players were able to take territory and never lose it then why ever make a tribe? What's to stop people from making a ton of small single player zones and taking up all the good spots? Also why should solo players have it any easier than the rest? I personally don't see a way to make solo tribes invulnerable without making it completely unfair to everyone else. Maybe if you were on an island in the middle of the lake and couldn't claim land anywhere else. But even that would be stupid.

If a larger tribe comes along and wants that tar pit you built your land on then they should be able to take it by force. If you don't want to lose it then make friends and have them help you defend.

On a side note why would anyone ever want to go solo in a game like this? The whole point is to be in a tribe and do tribe warfare and tribe stuff. What's so special about being alone? Just antisocial or don't wanna do anything with the tribe? If you joined the right tribe you could have all the benefits of a tribe and not have to do anything too inconvinient for the tribe. I guess I just don't get it.

I wonder, why players who wants single playing, buying MMORPG games. All MMORPG based on players, social, community, guilds, partyes, uniting - or suck. Is it hard to understand?

Solo tribes are for people who want it hard. If you're a casual solo player join a tribe, it not a guild. For me tribes are like small countries with tribe leadership as government.

Hopi is casual family friendly tribe with basicly no hardcore players, if there's enough land everyone one will get some to build their home. You choose if you want to play solo or sign up to work for tribe. Tribe gives you protection and place to buy/sell your goods or get quests.

Some tribes will grow big in numbers and have guilds inside (there's already guild chat in game).

So solo players don't be afraid to join a tribe it doesn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimps View Post
    I understand where you are coming from but you're not understanding the implications of what you're asking for. If solo players were able to take territory and never lose it then why ever make a tribe? What's to stop people from making a ton of small single player zones and taking up all the good spots? Also why should solo players have it any easier than the rest? I personally don't see a way to make solo tribes invulnerable without making it completely unfair to everyone else. Maybe if you were on an island in the middle of the lake and couldn't claim land anywhere else. But even that would be stupid.

If a larger tribe comes along and wants that tar pit you built your land on then they should be able to take it by force. If you don't want to lose it then make friends and have them help you defend.

On a side note why would anyone ever want to go solo in a game like this? The whole point is to be in a tribe and do tribe warfare and tribe stuff. What's so special about being alone? Just antisocial or don't wanna do anything with the tribe? If you joined the right tribe you could have all the benefits of a tribe and not have to do anything too inconvinient for the tribe. I guess I just don't get it.

So you are telling me that there isnt a way to resolve my issues and yours? You obviously have not thought hard about this, and how these different playstyles can be implemented in a way that does not interfere with tribal warfare and land ownership issues. I can see some simple solutions to your issues. Here goes..........

If solo players were able to take territory and never lose it then why ever make a tribe?
    - the answer is simple. Because my playstyle will not allow me to be competitive in tribal warfare, yet i still want to embrace pvp as a soloist and i want to own some land and build things, making my own mark on my own piece of ground.

What's to stop people from making a ton of small single player zones and taking up all the good spots?
    - a simple set of rules for tribes under say 5 members that excludes them from owning adjacent lands to other small tribes perhaps.
    - certain zones being unavaliable to smaller tribes.
    - only certain areas being available for smaller tribes to drop a totem.
    - all these options fix your problem. Im sure there are many more options too. It took me all of 30 seconds to come up with these.

Also why should solo players have it any easier than the rest?
    - i dont want it easier than you, i just want to play the game. I want my land to be a pvp zone - you can zerg me all day long and i wont cry for some nutcupping. I dont want prime realestate. I want to make some buildings just like you, but my keep wont be finished in a week like your tribe's. Mine will take a few months and will still be much smaller than yours. But you want to propose that i can lose it all to any 2man tribe. Sounds like you have it easier than me actually. All i would be is a free gift to your tribe. Wow, i really will have it easier than you.

I personally don't see a way to make solo tribes invulnerable without making it completely unfair to everyone else.
    - Well it looks like you have basically dismissed any options for my type of gameplay style without thinking it through. I am proposing some easy solutions to your concerns and it took me all of a few minutes. It also looks like you dont understand what i am asking for as well. I do not want to be invulnerable. I want to be attacked and im sure i will be easy game. I do not want a pvp-free piece of land. I enjoy the tension that open loot pvp offers and i am very familiar with it, having played Darkfall since the game went ptp.

Maybe if you were on an island in the middle of the lake and couldn't claim land anywhere else. But even that would be stupid.
    -It might be stupid to you, with your one-track mind and shallowly thought out oppinions, but an area that is put aside for solo players to drop totems might be a good solution. You almost admit it yourself in your post.

- so dont let me claim land that is prime realestate - problem solved. As a one-man tribe do you really think i would want to place myself right in the middle of a hotspot?
    - do you think a Tribe leader that has all of 8hrs a week ingame will get a set of friends to join my tribe? Do you really think that at 8hrs a week i would be able to be ingame when my totem is attacked? You are also presuming that i want to be part of a bigger tribe, and you are wrong. My lifestyle and personality does not make me want to be in a tribe with decent numbers and that is my prerogative.

On a side note why would anyone ever want to go solo in a game like this? The whole point is to be in a tribe and do tribe warfare and tribe stuff.
    - so now you think you have the right to tell me how i should think and act ingame? Maybe you would prefer everyone to be exactly like you? Lets all be cookiecutters? I will live my life and play my games on my terms thank you very much? if those terms arent met then i will happily move to a game where they are, but i do want this game to offer me a playstyle that works for me.

If you joined the right tribe you could have all the benefits of a tribe and not have to do anything too inconvinient for the tribe.
    - not true. will i be able to shape the land the way i want? Will i be able to design and make my own structures the way i want? NO.

I guess I just don't get it.
    - Yes, you are finally right!!!! Yay for you!!!!