Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Del137 View Post
    I wonder, why players who wants single playing, buying MMORPG games. All MMORPG based on players, social, community, guilds, partyes, uniting - or suck. Is it hard to understand?
    I guess you find MY way hard to understand. I have played many MMOs. Most fully guilded but that was before i worked 11.5hour days and had young twins. Now i do not have time for any of that. I do not want single playing and have never said that i do. You should learn to read and comprehend what people have written - i want to be a solo PVPer who gets to own a bit of land like everyone else. Do you think solo PVPers play single player games? That is called PVE. Use some brain cells and stop being so shallowminded towards a gamestyle that isnt the same as yours. Now if you cater to my playstyle as well as yours, then you have a bigger community, more people to pvp and a more stable game by way of having more subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    Solo tribes are for people who want it hard. If you're a casual solo player join a tribe, it not a guild. For me tribes are like small countries with tribe leadership as government.

Hopi is casual family friendly tribe with basicly no hardcore players, if there's enough land everyone one will get some to build their home. You choose if you want to play solo or sign up to work for tribe. Tribe gives you protection and place to buy/sell your goods or get quests.

Some tribes will grow big in numbers and have guilds inside (there's already guild chat in game).

So solo players don't be afraid to join a tribe it doesn't hurt.
    And this a great option for many players. Thank you for not telling me how to play the game or judge my gamestyle. I appreciate the offer, but it is not quite what i want from this game.

No one can destroy your buildings but you. We'll have to wait until tribal warfare is introduced to see, if they will be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwooj View Post
    I guess you find MY way hard to understand. I have played many MMOs. Most fully guilded but that was before i worked 11.5hour days and had young twins. Now i do not have time for any of that. I do not want single playing and have never said that i do. You should learn to read and comprehend what people have written - i want to be a solo PVPer who gets to own a bit of land like everyone else. Do you think solo PVPers play single player games? That is called PVE. Use some brain cells and stop being so shallowminded towards a gamestyle that isnt the same as yours. Now if you cater to my playstyle as well as yours, then you have a bigger community, more people to pvp and a more stable game by way of having more subscribers.
    I think most of the people here would take what you say more seriously if you didn't go around treating them like shit.

Just an observation.

You're thinking about the short term effects of single player tribes, which is enjoyment for people who like to solo. The long term effects of what your asking for, you need to understand, are probably going to be devastating in terms of their effect on the game. Single player tribes would likely act more as a griefing mechanic when the game releases rather than a preferable feature. Entire tribes would be able to disband and form single player tribes around the tribal area of a 5-10 person tribe, effectively cutting them off from the rest of the world. This is just one example of how single player tribes can damage the games playability. Another example is what happened in one of our testing scenarios. We were able to completely destroy a trash heap by placing a one man tribe on it and clearing the terrain. Within five to ten minutes, what was a large scrap pile, was turned into the Sahara desert.

When you add things to a game, you can't simply think of the short term effects. Every possible mechanic has to be considered, this being in terms of if the player base endorses it, will it act as a griefing mechanic or if it fits the concept of the game. I think what we are seeing here is that the majority of people either think it's a illogical move, it doesn't fit the canon of the game or it acts as a mechanic for people to use to grief others. Personally, I think it fails in all three of those categories.

My main thing about wanting to be soloish ( I say soloish cause it's mainly my wife and I, maybe one or two others come prelude ) Is that none of the larger tribes really have that great of an area, and from what I gather, plan to stick to their spots... Which leaves me in the position of building my own place up, or go live with a group of people that in the long term, wont be able to sustain their high numbers without making it a big hassle for everyone, or simply have to move...

When it comes to the solo tribes, and all the possible ways that a person can use it to grief others, the only rational thing I can see, is to consider griefing punishable.
    Leave the people alone that want to play solo or even be a small tribe of 2 - 3 members alone, don't punish them.
    Punish the ones that would use this mechanic to grief.

In reality, in terms of using a tribe to clear out a junkpile to grief, even if a tribe requires 5 people, all the players have to do is take 5 members, go make that tribe, clear it out 5x faster then just with a single person, then go on about their business... Another thing, if a tribe requires 5 members, can you make the tribe with 5 members , then 4 of them leave, and it not disband? These are little things to think about, perhaps it's easier said then done when it comes to dissalowing single player tribes to exist, without considering both the legit and illegit players exploiters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
    I think most of the people here would take what you say more seriously if you didn't go around treating them like shit.

Just an observation.

You're thinking about the short term effects of single player tribes, which is enjoyment for people who like to solo. The long term effects of what your asking for, you need to understand, are probably going to be devastating in terms of their effect on the game. Single player tribes would likely act more as a griefing mechanic when the game releases rather than a preferable feature. Entire tribes would be able to disband and form single player tribes around the tribal area of a 5-10 person tribe, effectively cutting them off from the rest of the world. This is just one example of how single player tribes can damage the games playability. Another example is what happened in one of our testing scenarios. We were able to completely destroy a trash heap by placing a one man tribe on it and clearing the terrain. Within five to ten minutes, what was a large scrap pile, was turned into the Sahara desert.

When you add things to a game, you can't simply think of the short term effects. Every possible mechanic has to be considered, this being in terms of if the player base endorses it, will it act as a griefing mechanic or if it fits the concept of the game. I think what we are seeing here is that the majority of people either think it's a illogical move, it doesn't fit the canon of the game or it acts as a mechanic for people to use to grief others. Personally, I think it fails in all three of those categories.
    Once again Gamefreak, there are ways to combat the problems you mention whilst still allowing for solo tribes. Go and read some of my earlier posts which adress this. Incase you do not want to, i will reiterate some ideas for you.
    - only solo tribal lands in designated areas
    - only a limited amount of solo tribal lands within a given radius

And what about beating the crap out of your neighbours if they decide to lay waste to your nearby resourses?

Demolishing land resourses can be done by anyone, anywhere. It doesnt require a solo tribe to do this. The easy solution is that these land resourses regenerate over time. This has been mentioned before in the development section.

Also, if people i reply to feel they were treated like shit by me, then they can speak for themselves. You are not big Daddy here. I do not need people telling me that my gameplay style is lame, i should get some friends and play with them, MMOs are only for people that do not wish to play mostly solo etc. But i certainly don't feel i have been victimised or treated like shit by people and i most certainly wouldn't want you speaking on my behalf if i was.

I am merely wanting my playstyle to be taken into account and allowed for. Instead of being all negative towards this, how about you help work out a solution for all of us. After all, that is what i am wanting here. Do you really think that i would hate a griefing mechanism any less than you?

Quote Originally Posted by Meziahn View Post
    My main thing about wanting to be soloish ( I say soloish cause it's mainly my wife and I, maybe one or two others come prelude ) Is that none of the larger tribes really have that great of an area, and from what I gather, plan to stick to their spots... Which leaves me in the position of building my own place up, or go live with a group of people that in the long term, wont be able to sustain their high numbers without making it a big hassle for everyone, or simply have to move...

When it comes to the solo tribes, and all the possible ways that a person can use it to grief others, the only rational thing I can see, is to consider griefing punishable.
    Leave the people alone that want to play solo or even be a small tribe of 2 - 3 members alone, don't punish them.
    Punish the ones that would use this mechanic to grief.

In reality, in terms of using a tribe to clear out a junkpile to grief, even if a tribe requires 5 people, all the players have to do is take 5 members, go make that tribe, clear it out 5x faster then just with a single person, then go on about their business... Another thing, if a tribe requires 5 members, can you make the tribe with 5 members , then 4 of them leave, and it not disband? These are little things to think about, perhaps it's easier said then done when it comes to dissalowing single player tribes to exist, without considering both the legit and illegit players exploiters.
    Thanks very much for some intelligent input Meziahn. You amke some very valid points in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    No one can destroy your buildings but you. We'll have to wait until tribal warfare is introduced to see, if they will be able to.
    We all know this - i am speaking into the future of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by aliksteel View Post

Can we all just get along
    Not in a full loot pvp game, hehe :-)