Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: jails

Re:jails

Lily wrote:
    Honourable hostage? What's the point in that? Any enemy within your base must be treated as such and presumed to be passing on information.
    I said "friendly/rival" tribes for what I was particularly talking about. They aren't exactly an enemy, it's just in fun. It wouldn't be as fun if they passed on information, but depending on how long it would take to build a wall or something around them, that might be negateable.

Now for an actual enemy, you're expected to repeatedly beat them into unconsciousness or stick them somewhere so they can't see anything.

jail? actually making players sit and do nothing when they are trying to play this game? sorry guys - terrible idea.

lazyfroguk wrote:
    jail? actually making players sit and do nothing when they are trying to play this game? sorry guys - terrible idea.
    I have to agree. It sound like a bad idea and I do not want to sit around for 15 minutes doing nothing.

Redus wrote:
    lazyfroguk wrote:
    I have to agree. It sound like a bad idea and I do not want to sit around for 15 minutes doing nothing.
    That's why I think it would be cool to have the option of either fighting and being killed/full looted, or choosing to go to jail and sit for 10-15 minutes and not lose your stuff. I wouldn't mind sitting in a jail for 10 minutes if I know that I'll have my gear when I get out. It'll probably take you longer than that to collect the resources and craft the items that were looted anyway.

Plus that would be when I go take a bio break, get food etc. in RL.

Virtus wrote:
    In the future there may be a capture system... but if it is to come it will be a long way off.
    So, in other words... It will never happen. I support this decision and Xsyon will be happy "capture" was never coded into the game.

Pwnzer McDoogle: "Hey man! I just logged in. Let's go grind some mobs. I can only play for about an hour."

Dingle Snickletide: "Can't, dude. I'm stuck in jail for 15 minutes."

Fun.

Leiros wrote:
    Redus wrote:
    lazyfroguk wrote:
    That's why I think it would be cool to have the option of either fighting and being killed/full looted, or choosing to go to jail and sit for 10-15 minutes and not lose your stuff. I wouldn't mind sitting in a jail for 10 minutes if I know that I'll have my gear when I get out. It'll probably take you longer than that to collect the resources and craft the items that were looted anyway.

Plus that would be when I go take a bio break, get food etc. in RL.
    Then what use would capturing an enemy be? What would the enemy gain from it? There should be a benefit from taking an prison for the whole tribe.

Then people need to make a decision. Help an enemy tribe get something, or lose a few/all items you carry.

Redus wrote:

Then what use would capturing an enemy be? What would the enemy gain from it? There should be a benefit from taking an prison for the whole tribe.

Then people need to make a decision. Help an enemy tribe get something, or lose a few/all items you carry.
    Agreed. Unless there's some kind of merit to having prisoners it would seem pointless to have jails. Maybe they could pay bail or gain a bonus like a ransom or something? I dunno, it's a cool concept but it would require a lot more planning to be effective.

Another factor to consider is the length of respawn time in PvP... if the respawn time is shorter than the jail sentence I could see taking prisoners as being an effective strategy in PvP village raids etc.. By taking prisoners, you could effectively limit the number of people attacking your village for a brief time. Depending on the pace of the PvP, this could make a huge difference in battle.

Jails are actually a good idea. For example let say player "A" is attacking a certain tribe allot. And lets say player "A" did so much damage to that tribe. Let say he killed 4/10 total tribe members. Looted their stuff and so on,. After certain damage/kills to the tribe,the tribe then has a right to put that person in prison when cought by the tribe or bounty hunters, or make that player pay the bail out. I mean the person shouldn't go to jail on the first affense.

Like in EVE game, if you are the aggressor then u got like 30 min cool off time. Same here, if u are the aggressor then u can be jailed unless your cool off time passed.

A ransom idea could work, where rather than killin someone you could capture them and take them back to the jail in the village. Each time a player is captured his random cost increases. When a player is captured he respawns back at his tribes totem but all his skills take a penalty until he pays his ransom to whichever tribe/player captured him. that way there's no waiting around sitting in a cell but there would be some point to capturing players as I know I wouldn't want a penelty (or muliple penalties) effecting all my stats, so I'd want to pay the ransom off asap.

GO OUTSIDE FOR A WALK.