Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: jails

Re:jails

If you add jails to the game then make jail fun for the player. Add minigames where you can work out to improve your character's physical stats, gamble with other prisoners, craft improvised weapons to start a prison-gang war or to try to break out, etc...

Jails are great as long as :

1: can be raided
    2: can escape in a way or another
    3: can perhaps mine and prosper still.

How did Rohan's jail system work?

Jails seem to be of little importance in the long run. It just seems like a crapy way for good players to loot a evil player. Wouldnt it be much more easy to just kill him ??? The only way that i can think of to make jails truly effective for the jailers (who have to build them and waste resources) and the jailees (who have to be punished for being there) is to create a zone that slowly drains your skills temporarily (think of stacking rez sick from WoW). Now an agreement can be reached between the 2 tribes for either a prisoner transfer or a simple money/resource transaction. Now the jailee can also escape at any time he wants but the longer he takes the more his stats will be reduced temorarily. In order to escape the prisoner must be proficient in lock picking, which will not be a very common skill to learn. In the cell various lock picking tools will spawn, such as straws, a feather,tiny bone. The guard will then have to enter the cell and remove these at which time the prisoner can try and overpower the guard, if the prisoner wins he gets freedom out of the jail cell, but he will still be efectivly stuck in the town. As soon as he is out of the jail cell his stats would return back to regular at a hightend rate then when they ticked down say like x10 as fast. when out of the cell he should be on a cool down (flashing red name) for a set duration say 10 minutes whitch he has to use to either hide in the town he is in or escape. Should the counter tick down the prisoner would then simply become an undesireable in that town and get teleported to the front gate (out of reach of most guards and probably escape soon to follow).

Here is my take on it.

I have a feeling that one or two of my tribe mates may have a little devil in them. The Hopi Tribe will be going for the good faction of the game, But you can't kick people from the Tribe on a feeling, Nor do I wish to. As I said it's just a feeling and for the most part I think they are good. I also have a feeling that some of you othere tribes may have the same problem as well.

Let's pretend for a minute that the game is LIVE and the prelude is over and the safety nets are gone. We have a lot more room in-game. From what I can tell, This game want's it to feel very real and your not always going to just run out into the woods and kill you a grizzly bear. I think there may be some hunting around to find yourself a bear. Say there is two tribes, They may even be frinds. But they send out a hunting party each to go kill, skin, and gut the bear. As one hunting party finds a bear in a clearing and starts to move to it, The othere hunting party runs into the clearing and starts killing the bear. Well I know this could not happen in a MMO, But let's say that this hunting party feels as if the othere hunting party is loot stealing there bear. Funny I know, But we are pretending. So with out doing much thinking they run in and with the othere hunting party all ready hurt from fighting the bear. They kill them, or knock them out, are what ever we will be able to do.

Now let's say one of the members of the hunting party that help kill the othere hunting party has been bad a few to many times and this last act will change his faction. But a warning window pops up letting him/her know that they will change faction unless they go to jail to pay for there (for lack of a better word) sin. The player has a chance to go to jail or change faction and if I understand right, Will be removed from there tribe because there faction does not match up any more.

My thought would be that each tribe would able to build there on jail, And if the person who was killed are what ever, And is part of a tribe that has a jail in there tribe. Then and only then does the choice to go to jail pop up. Now here is the cherry on top. To get out of jail, Your tribe must pay the othere tribe a fine.

You can also flip flop this around a little bit, And it can work with evil tribes as well. When members of a bad tribe that has a jail. Go out killing and looting, Can also kidnap and ransom. In this case killers and victim would have to agree to the ransom. You could have a pop up msg at the point of death. This would give the evil players a guarantee set in-game price for ransom to be made, Or What's behide door numer two? Who knows it could be a pot of gold are a booby prize on there victim.

I love it until the part about the pay repercusions part to get out of jail. Insteed i think they should just have to spend LONG ammounts of time in jail like hours to improve their standings. This would effectivly slow down PK a lot and it would make gangfests undesireable as 5 or 6 ppl are not gona all want to get a standings reduction for the loot of 1 person.

Nick2279 wrote:
    I love it until the part about the pay repercusions part to get out of jail. Insteed i think they should just have to spend LONG ammounts of time in jail like hours to improve their standings. This would effectivly slow down PK a lot and it would make gangfests undesireable as 5 or 6 ppl are not gona all want to get a standings reduction for the loot of 1 person.
    Can I PK you once which forces a lock on your account login for hours? I mean... You're dead and all... You need time to wait for someone to invent medical resurrection, ya know.

I've been thinking over this whole jail thing... and simply put... I don't like it.

For me a jail would need to be a building and as pictured here would need space and time and all that to keep it going. Then there are features that you may or may not want.

But I agree, some form of a jail like structure is needed - but we can't tell what sort of structures are in game, will be in game or the like.

For example, will buildings come in certain sizes that only have "options" or can you open a door enter and look inside this building while storing other objects in there.

If you can open the door and enter it, would it be possible to customise the structure. Have no windows - 1 window here there and in the corner... walls here there and here, with two doors at the ends....

If you can build and customise the structure, I don't see why a jail has to be actually created. Simply have a player that has good lock smithing and build a lock. Make it that you can't lockpick your own locks (As you know the combination to such locks) and well you have the ability to lock someone in a structure, that is where you want it, isn't special (so we know to look for that sort of structure) and is customisable to met the needs of the tribe.

The exception to all this, is anything to GM jails... where I would suggest something special. If not a different world

Let say player "A" and player "B" . Player "A" has a rating of aggression 7 (0-10), and player "B" has a rating of aggression of 0.
    Then if player "B" wins a battle with player "A", then player "B" should have an option at the end of the battle to cuff player "A" with a certain key, for a certain amount of time. When the time expires, the cuffs disappears automaticlly. And player "A" is free to go :cheer:

joexxxz wrote:
    Let say player "A" and player "B" . Player "A" has a rating of aggression 7 (0-10), and player "B" has a rating of aggression of 0.
    Then if player "B" wins a battle with player "A", then player "B" should have an option at the end of the battle to cuff player "A" with a certain key, for a certain amount of time. When the time expires, the cuffs disappears automaticlly. And player "A" is free to go :cheer:
    Then I would just have to commit suicide when I lost to someone. There is no way I would play a game that forced me to run around in cuffs.