Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: jails

Re:jails

so pvp is a crime? What exactly would be the in game definition of "evil" that would allow someone to jail another player? If evil=red, will tribal warfare result in turning red when fighting your enemies? If someone is harassing you and stealing from you or destroying your property, are you evil for killing them? I haven't seen much combat yet, but will people be able to jump in front of a swing or into an aoe (future magic?) and send you to jail?

Re:jails

Ignominus wrote:
    so pvp is a crime? What exactly would be the in game definition of "evil" that would allow someone to jail another player? If evil=red, will tribal warfare result in turning red when fighting your enemies? If someone is harassing you and stealing from you or destroying your property, are you evil for killing them? I haven't seen much combat yet, but will people be able to jump in front of a swing or into an aoe (future magic?) and send you to jail?
    I recommend this thread, it gives a lot of information about good, evil and neutral tribes and consequences.
    http://xsyon.com/forums/28-features/...-decisions#232
    The description of the tribal conflicts seems to suggest that killing a member of an enemy tribe won't turn you evil.

About stealing:
    Xsyon wrote:
    Ground resources, trees and later mines and farms within a tribe's radius of influence will be accessible only to tribe members or allies with permission. Others will be flagged as stealing if they gather resources without permission.
    People can only steal resources, stealing from players or destroying their property is not possible during Prelude.

If I understand correctly than an accidental attack won't turn you evil, you have to kill the other person, not enough to hit him. And a good or neutral player probably won't try to trick you into turning red, if an evil player tries it then he will fail, you can kill evil ones without turning evil youryself.