Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: jails

jails

jailing a player or capturing them to be sacrificed to an animal would be extremely fun.

/discuss

Re: jails

I've done it before, but mainly for RP reasons, I don't like the idea in Xsyon though. What if your buddies don't bust you out or the next ritual sacrifice isn't till the next full moon :P

Re:jails

Xx1327 wrote:
    jailing a player or capturing them to be sacrificed to an animal would be extremely fun.

/discuss
    I was just thinking about something similar to this earlier today. I was thinking that it would be cool if "evil" players were required to perform human sacrifices of other players during their religious ceremonies to appease the gods.

However, I realize that religion isn't going to be in the game until after the Prelude. Regardless it still sounds like a cool idea.

As for jails, it might be cool to be able to capture another player and jail them for something like 10-15 minutes. I don't think that anything longer than this would work. Also, if someone is going to be captured, they should be given the option of a)resisting arrest and dying/being looted or b) going to jail/becoming a prisoner for a short time and possibly not losing as much stuff.

This could also add to the bounty system and give villages more interesting ways to administer justice.

I like it! :side:

we could find ways to make it balanced of course

make it possible for the jailed person to escape, have different levels of quality for a jail prison or constraint

and a 10-15+ min sentences could equal days in game so that could suffice for the punishments if players break tribe laws

In the future there may be a capture system... but if it is to come it will be a long way off.

Virtus wrote:
    In the future there may be a capture system... but if it is to come it will be a long way off.
    Why not tie it into a punishment game mechanic for reds? Give us a break out option though if you do implement it.

Capture systems in MP games/MMOs are always an interesting mechanic but extremely hard to pull off because somebody getting taken prisoner and stuck somewhere for a period almost always leads to either ragequitting or the jailed person alt abusing in an attempt to get out.

Rohan's jail system was pretty cool, although kind of abuseable.

Seeing player run events between friendly or rival tribes where one person either volunteers or is chosen as the hostage and then stuck in the other sides town and giving their team a time limit to break them out would be awesome. I remember participating in a few of these in UO and they were fun.

Problem is that hopefully the 'hostage' would need to be honorable enough to not report enemy positions on ventrilo or tribe chat.

Yes, can I please spend some of my gametime stuck in a cell?

If you're ok with a jail idea, then you are ok with a hostage idea.

:dry:

Honourable hostage? What's the point in that? Any enemy within your base must be treated as such and presumed to be passing on information.

Just what I all was wanted to do, To log in and sit in a jail!!! Sounds fun to me.
    And yeah, That would be sarcasm :blink: