Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

how hard are animals to find in game?

the title says it all just wondering how hard the animals are to find in this game

If you look for them, could take you some mins spot a den, buts not an easy task that i reach a spawn and stay there for 3 hours killing bears, you have to take time looking for a post with mobs, hunt them, and youll have to find another spot.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by blake378 View Post
    the title says it all just wondering how hard the animals are to find in this game
    Best advice Go into the mountains

whilst exploring the surrounding terrain, i went into the mountains to find my self swarmed with Bears, Deer and Fox's they are not everywhere, but if you go into the mountains you're sure to find some eventually.

Right now there is only 4 type of animals, And they are added to the game by guides and dev's I think. When the world updater is add to the game this will refresh the world by adding grass, tree's and animals every day. This well be in-game by the time the game goes live in less than two weeks. There will be no spawn points to look for as there will not be any set spawn points in-game. When the system is up and running right, Animals will only spawn off of pairs of the same type of grown animals and be born as babys, And stay with there mothers till, Well I don't know when.

From the features list
    Creatures

Xsyon is populated with player humans and non player undead, animals and mutants. Creatures can be hunted or become the hunter.

No set creature spawns or re-spawns. Animals multiply based on the current creature population. Undead never truly die, or do they?
    Creatures gain experience and power, potentially evolving into legendary beings.
    Creatures can overrun areas or be depleted.
    Creatures gravitate towards different areas based on mood and weather.
    Creatures driven to the outer reaches of the world mutate.
    Creatures possess realistic loot. If you see armor or a weapon on a creature you can take it. Animals can be carved up for raw materials.
    Creatures are a primary resource for crafters.
    So hunting animals, Sometimes will mean you are hunting, And thats just cool to me.

5. 02-03-2011, 05:49 AM

6. 02-03-2011, 05:53 AM

7. 02-03-2011, 06:28 AM

well, no problem with animals for me, saw raccoons, deers, coyotes and damned bears alot on exploring

i plan on doing a lot of hunting in this game. sounds like its hard to come by spawns which i love i also plan on doing leather crafting not sure on the other choices probably toolcraft and arch

intresting read on some of these posts. It appears that wildlife population is different in different areas most likely for reasons we all can imagine.
    With that said, I came accross animals fairly regularly when I was exploring. I will keep those locations to myself and my tribe mates though