Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Remember each night come lighter or darker, You have to take into account the Moon, Clouds cover, and how much water is around you. With a full moon shining down on the lake with no clouds over head. It can get down right bright on the edges of the lake. At the same time if you have a new moon and dark clouds over head, It can get real dark.

But all this means nothing to how dark your monitor is naturally. In the past the older the monitor was the darker it was, Don't know if that's still the case now.

Quote Originally Posted by aliksteel View Post
    Remember each night come lighter or darker, You have to take into account the Moon, Clouds cover, and how much water is around you. With a full moon shining down on the lake with no clouds over head. It can get down right bright on the edges of the lake. At the same time if you have a new moon and dark clouds over head, It can get real dark.

But all this means nothing to how dark your monitor is naturally. In the past the older the monitor was the darker it was, Don't know if that's still the case now.
    Ok maybe i have a bright monitor night time has never seemed particularly dark to me ( i have played off and on since last may)
    torches ect and candles would be a great idea though but if that was implemented then i think we could go a little darker

We have to remember that this game is set "after the war" = people are not stupid.

If I was in this situation I would look for survival with the simple things first. We have fire....the next step seems to me that I would make some kind of torch or candle = smaller light source than a major fire. Something I could take with me AND something I could place on a wall or small surface to light that area.

I agree with the above = fat from animals and plants along with string will create a candle/brazier type light. Just seems logical to me.

I have tar, cloth scraps, and branches. I just need inspiration to make a torch.

Well to the people that say it isn't dark, have you ever run through your monitor's configuration utility? Cause I think you have gamma issues. This game gets pitch black for me at night time and honestly it's kind of unplayable like that. It's why I am here posting right now... I can't see anything in game. I am going to adjust my gamma up a bit to deal with it better until I get some mobile light source, but it's bad design if people have to crank their gamma to play.

Quote Originally Posted by mappam View Post
    I am brand new and just trying out different things and learning.

Night fell and I was pretty much blind! It gets REALLY DARK!

Is there a light that you can make - lantern or torch type item? I know there is Fire Building (have not tried it yet) but I am looking for something you can carry with you.

Thanks - I tried searching and can't figure out the correct keyword??
    You ought to have joined earlier, you would have seen true night then. It is quite a bright night now a days if you ask me.
    But torches would still be neat.

Yeah, I don't think the game will end up being newbie friendly, being that it is a sandbox. That being said, COME on, we need torches lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FPrime View Post
    I have tar, cloth scraps, and branches. I just need inspiration to make a torch.

Well to the people that say it isn't dark, have you ever run through your monitor's configuration utility? Cause I think you have gamma issues. This game gets pitch black for me at night time and honestly it's kind of unplayable like that. It's why I am here posting right now... I can't see anything in game. I am going to adjust my gamma up a bit to deal with it better until I get some mobile light source, but it's bad design if people have to crank their gamma to play.
    I feel your pain, I have the same issue, I feel like I was blind when its night in the game, its pitch dark for me too. There were suggestions to add gamma setting option to the main menu, I hope it will be implemented soon. When its night in the game I usually log out since I can't do anything.

It's even worse with an LED screen >=|

Quote Originally Posted by FPrime View Post

Er, if most of us are not having a problem seeing in the night, (I'm not) and you are, who's system might be having the gamma issues?